mauchline

Parkview HS-Varsity Debate tournament

Hey 

The debate team I am on, is going out of state to Springfield in a couple of weeks for the Parkview tournament in Missouri. There will be competitors in LD, PF, CX, and Congress from my school!

I was wondering if anyone had any information on what the Missouri circuit was like for those events? What types of arguments are popular for each of those events? Is spreading popular? Is there anything different about those events on the Missouri circuit?

Thank you all so much :)

Edited by mauchline

Don't run Cuban embargo because their all republicans! Oh wait... That was last year...

Most of them are lay, spreading isn't popular, kritiks are also not popular. Final rebuttals win the debate pretty much. I debate in the Kansas City but compete at parkview every year.

Unless you guys have particular ways of doing things, I think the events run pretty normal.

• Upvote 1

Don't run Cuban embargo because their all republicans! Oh wait... That was last year...

Most All of them are lay, spreading isn't popular allowed , kritiks are also not popular allowed. Final rebuttals win the debate pretty much. I debate in the Kansas City but compete at parkview every year.

Unless you guys have particular ways of doing things, I think the events run pretty normal.

Made a few corrections.

• Upvote 9