Hey guys. What is open cross x? I kind of get it, but I just wanted to know like when people do it, when it is allowed, who can ask, who can answer, etc.

Open Cross-x is basically a one-way grand crossfire in public forum. So for example after your 1AC if you would normally be cross-xd by the 2NC but in open cross x both 1nc and 2nc and ask and your partner can answer for you. If you're going to do it, then ask your judge first, because depending on your circuit, some judges hate that open cross x

Open Cross-x is when either member of the team asking questions is allowed to ask questions, and either member of the team answering questions is allowed.  This is different than closed CS (although I've never heard it called that), where only the person not speaking next is allowed to ask questions, and only the person who just spoke is allowed to answer them. (and their partners remain silent)  When you are allowed to do this depends on the judge (and in High School if it isn't in their paradigm I would ask), but in general when it is allowed you should try to not overdo it.  In other words try to let the person who would be asking/answering if Open CX wasn't allowed do as much talking as possible.