JaredCroitoru

How to beat rape Narrative Fem

trigger warnings

must ask pre round 

seriously, it's a problem and has interfered with the competitive ability of engaging these affs for many people - the people who the aff claims to make safe. 

• Upvote 4

There are lots of things to run against many feminist positions that take various stances on rape. Before I recommend anything, though, please describe the 1AC's harms and solvency 

Ill give a link to their wiki: but they

http://hspolicy.debatecoaches.org/Homewood+Flossmoor/Diaz-Bonarrigo+Aff

its their Women in Debate Aff 

: 

They firstly read how the 1A got raped . Then they read how their Coach thought her skirt was too shirt  (although it was professional) , then its the aff on the wiki 

then the 2A tries to spin it to intersectional

"We begin our discussion with the picture of the ocean as our mother"

What would Steinberg say?

• Upvote 3

trigger warnings

must ask pre round 

seriously, it's a problem and has interfered with the competitive ability of engaging these affs for many people - the people who the aff claims to make safe. 

This is your best argument. I would read this, framework, and a cissexism k.

Edited by pigasus

Impact turn their role of the ballot: Safe spaces are bad and fuck up debate. Like that means they can strike a majority of judges and fuck up judge prefs along with all the other shit they can justify by making it a safe space. Debate should be an unsafe place and a place of confrontation so they can debate out who they think is wrong aka confront masculinity in debate instead of running away from the problem.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think I have cards somewhere about male rape that I read last year esp. against Maquiladoras affs (that weren't even based off of identity or anything) that only isolated "women and children" (which btw is kinda sexist and fucked up that we need to save the women and children especially when the aff is run by two males from KS isolating a policy option, that obviously was a K read, we went for T though). An idea (not sure how this would work though) would be to showcase how they link rape intrinsically to their women in debate arguments which probably means that rape is intrinsically tied to femininity and not masculinity.