reptece

AFF help

Hello, before this season started I went to a camp that focused a lot on K debating but its now December and I still don't have an AFF that's original to me. This entire season I just went on open evidence and read took K AFFs off of there and read the literature that the cards were from. I kind of want to make my own AFF but I don't know how to. Any tips?

Note: I read a lot of Afro-Pessimism literature (wilderson, sexton, etc...) but I'm willing to read new types of Ks. Anything will help, thank you.

Just think long and hard about the topic. K affs this year have been relatively repetitive in regards to the literature you cite and I don't really do that kind of literature so I can't really think of anything other than Middle Passage. Maybe think about the way you relate to the topic or the topic relates to things that you like/enjoy. Read literature about the topic and think of anything either wrong with it or just as a general starting point for a kritikal perspective on the topic. Unfortunately many of the affs this year intrinsic to the topic seem to already be broken, but I could be wrong.

• Upvote 3

You may also want to look on the wiki and see what successful kritical teams have been doing with the topic. I've not kept up with the high school policy circuit, but there seem to be a lot of different takes on the oceans that have translated to "death good" affs, Nietzschean, Heideggerean, and other kinds of K affs. If there's a new literature base that you're interested in--say, queer politics or Bataille--researching a new affirmative with a particular perspective in mind is a great way to not only come up with a new affirmative to break but also learn more about applying a certain branch of critical theory to political matters and strategic debating. Best of luck with your search and research.