Palindrome

LOST Neg Strat

I've hit LOST pretty frequently in the season so far, but I've only won about half of those debates (thanks to effects T). I had a Russia DA prepped but that completely backfired, since most teams have Russia (Arctic) as an advantage (usually along with China/SCS or Navy)

My usual neg strat were just that DA, T, and oncase, but those aren't working at all anymore. I also took a shot with a China DA but that didn't work either.

So, anybody have any suggestions on other DAs to run against LOST? (I'd rather not run K's. They don't work with the judges where I debate). 

Thanks in advance. 

EDIT: I'd rather just be open to suggestions on DAs cause I think I'm fine on T. (One of the main reasons I've been losing more rounds than I should is cause almost none of the judges understand what T is where I debate. Thanks.)

Edited by Palindrome

Freedom of Navigation/Naval Readiness DA: There are some good links about how LOST restricts the ability of the navy to do shtuff (especially if you search the Heritage Foundation)

There's always impact turns.  Endless Endless impact turns

• Upvote 2

Freedom of Navigation/Naval Readiness DA: There are some good links about how LOST restricts the ability of the navy to do shtuff (especially if you search the Heritage Foundation)

Please, never use the Heritage Foundation, as they're very biased, and can be indicted easily.

The Heritage foundation is really biased – disregard their ev

Greenpeace 11 “Koch Industries Climate Denial Front Group - The Heritage Foundation” http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/en/campaigns/global-warming-and-energy/polluterwatch/koch-industries/the-heritage-foundation/,

The Heritage Foundation is a conservative think tank with predetermined bias against climate policy. Heritage is a member of the State Policy Network. In 2010, The Heritage Foundation severely misrepresented the Royal Society’s position on climate change, editing out ten pages of a report to make it appear that the scientific authority was uncertain about the occurrence of global warming. The post’s author is a former associate of the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation. Heritage avidly supports federal approval of the Keystone XL pipeline, which would greatly increase tar sands imports from Canada and directly benefit Koch Industries and other major oil companies as a result. The Heritage Foundation has also: misinterpreted the impacts of global warming on the US economy; twisted news reports to justify claims about 'climate taxes'; issued deceptive economic analyses and presentations; and released allegations about economic ruin and job losses from green stimulus investments by Congress. Heritage Foundation also teamed up with Institute for Energy Research (IER) to promote the widely debunked "Spanish" study.

EDIT: Do you really even need a card to indict the Heritage Foundation

Edited by totalnoob

Please, never use the Heritage Foundation, as they're very biased, and can be indicted easily.

Greenpeace 11 “Koch Industries Climate Denial Front Group - The Heritage Foundation” http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/en/campaigns/global-warming-and-energy/polluterwatch/koch-industries/the-heritage-foundation/,

The Heritage Foundation is a conservative think tank with predetermined bias against climate policy. Heritage is a member of the State Policy Network. In 2010, The Heritage Foundation severely misrepresented the Royal Society’s position on climate change, editing out ten pages of a report to make it appear that the scientific authority was uncertain about the occurrence of global warming. The post’s author is a former associate of the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation. Heritage avidly supports federal approval of the Keystone XL pipeline, which would greatly increase tar sands imports from Canada and directly benefit Koch Industries and other major oil companies as a result. The Heritage Foundation has also: misinterpreted the impacts of global warming on the US economy; twisted news reports to justify claims about 'climate taxes'; issued deceptive economic analyses and presentations; and released allegations about economic ruin and job losses from green stimulus investments by Congress. Heritage Foundation also teamed up with Institute for Energy Research (IER) to promote the widely debunked "Spanish" study.

Heritage is obviously full of biased hacks, but that just makes their evidence more discursively powerful :D

also that indict is specific to global warming, not LOST/Freedom of Navigation

• Upvote 1

Ahh, alright. Is the impact to this just no navy = nuke war? (or some type of war)

Also, is the Freedom of Navigation DA the same thing as the naval one?

Thanks.

Edit: Can I get an actual link for LOST? (lol heritage foundation)

Much appreciated. 

Edited by Palindrome

Navy DA isn't very good either because there's better (not Heritage or similarly biased sources) authors who write about how LOST actually boosts naval power. Also the aff gets solvency for SCS through resolve Freedom of Navigation issues with China.

T is definitely your best bet because the aff is pretty clearly FX T, (if you're using Its or Dev and having issues try throwing Of in there for a clearer FX link) . You could go for some Arctic Mining DAs and maybe some China REM turns, also the aff 100% links to politics because Republicans are ideologically opposed.

Navy DA isn't very good either because there's better (not Heritage or similarly biased sources) authors who write about how LOST actually boosts naval power. Also the aff gets solvency for SCS through resolve Freedom of Navigation issues with China.

T is definitely your best bet because the aff is pretty clearly FX T, (if you're using Its or Dev and having issues try throwing Of in there for a clearer FX link) . You could go for some Arctic Mining DAs and maybe some China REM turns, also the aff 100% links to politics because Republicans are ideologically opposed.

If I were to use an Arctic Mining DA and FXT in a round, won't that just be a bit hypocritical? I mean you're essentially arguing T and then running a DA on one of their effects advantages.

Edit: How does "Of" pertain to FXT?

Edited by Palindrome

If I were to use an Arctic Mining DA and FXT in a round, won't that just be a bit hypocritical? I mean you're essentially arguing T and then running a DA on one of their effects advantages.

Edit: How does "Of" pertain to FXT?

Uhh. All advantages are FX-T logically. The plan text itself is what you're arguing is effects topical, not the advantages.

And 'of' is pretty critical because it defines the ocean should be the object that is being developed, not the area in which development is occuring.

• Upvote 1

Greenpeace 11 

>biased

>greenpeace

• Upvote 6