Palindrome

Backlash/Resistance PTX

How exactly do politics disads with the scenario of "the plan will cause GOP/Dem backlash" work? (i.e. how does it create an impact of nuke war, or something like that). 

Is this scenario any different than the political capitol scenario?

How exactly do politics disads with the scenario of "the plan will cause GOP/Dem backlash" work? (i.e. how does it create an impact of nuke war, or something like that). 

It's just a reason why the plan costs political capital.  The aff is fiated through Congress but they can't fiat that both parties will like it.  And so when the Republicans or Democrats get pissed they want to not pass bill X

Also of note: it could cause backlash -> breakdown of bipart or something similar. 

Backlash is really just an internal link to other link scenarios. Probably one of the stronger ones. 

Like the others said, the link argument is that the plan's passage will cause backlash (or break down bipartisanship, or sap the president's political capital, or whatever internal link story is convenient at the time). The fun impact stuff comes with the uniqueness and impact questions--what is it that the backlash then causes, or keeps from happening? If Bill X is just about to pass (but requires bipartisan support), and the plan breaks down bipartisanship, and Bill X is key to something (relations with another country, economic growth, a particular industry, deterring conflict... you name it), then Bill X becomes an opportunity cost--i.e., a disadvantage--to the plan. Bill X could be anything, really--it can even stand in for the outcome of the midterm of the elections. Hope that helps!

• Upvote 3