actiniumblue

8 months later, fucking lol

Not really, that's just diplomatic relations. Trade relations won't be restored anytime soon, especially with the incoming Republican controlled congress 

They're still talking about doing it though.

The United States will ease restrictions on remittances, travel and banking, while Cuba will allow more Internet access and release 53 Cuban prisoners identified as political prisoners by the United States. Although the embargo will remain in place, the president called for an “honest and serious debate about lifting” it, which would require an act of Congress.

• Upvote 2

They're still talking about doing it though.

The United States will ease restrictions on remittances, travel and banking, while Cuba will allow more Internet access and release 53 Cuban prisoners identified as political prisoners by the United States. Although the embargo will remain in place, the president called for an “honest and serious debate about lifting” it, which would require an act of Congress.

New politics scenario inc?

New politics scenario inc?

I doubt that-

1. Even with political capital, I doubt with a republican majority, the embargo is going to be lifted. 
  2. Second, you could run a bunch of turns with all the cuba embargo neg evidence from last year.  :P  It would be a cuba embargo good/bad debate all over again.
  • Upvote 2

I doubt that-

1. Even with political capital, I doubt with a republican majority, the embargo is going to be lifted. 
  2. Second, you could run a bunch of turns with all the cuba embargo neg evidence from last year.  :P  It would be a cuba embargo good/bad debate all over again.

I didn't say it was a good scenario! :P

• Upvote 2

the president called for an “honest and serious debate about lifting” it

Well, in that case...

• Upvote 2

WHERE'S THE NUCLEAR WAR? MY POLITICS SAID THAT ANY NORMALIZATION WOULD CAUSE IT 

HELL RUSSIAS ECON IS GOING DOWN WHICH CAUSES WAR (Royal 10) AND THAT GOES NUCLEAR (Khazilizad 11) SO GET TO DA BUNKERS CMON M8's 

• Upvote 9

Well Rubio and his buddies are going to lead the charge against Obama on the embargo. Maybe, Raul Castro will just step down faster, and then the Republicans can actually lift the embargo.

• Upvote 1

When I saw the title of this thread in the side scroll I thought it was about Evazon payments and got my hopes up.

WORD

• Upvote 1