I'm writing a counteradvocacy to a pirates satire case a team beat us with. I can think of no better way of responding to pirates than by adopting a ninja mindset of exploration, but I'm really lost as to where I can find some good resources on ninjas. I'm not even sure if "ninja exploration" is a thing.

Can anyone guide me as to where I could find some resources?

• Upvote 2

Is this the team that wears a tie around their head and says they get 10 minute speeches and bonus prep time?

lol

what?

Why would you need a counter advocacy to begin with?

Anyways, just call them white/racist and move on. The whole pirates were intersectional thing is romanticism.

• Upvote 1

Why would you need a counter advocacy to begin with?

Well their case says that whoever brings up the best way to explore oceans would win the debate

Well their case says that whoever brings up the best way to explore oceans would win the debate

And? Do most K teams just concede framework when people run it against them?

And? Do most K teams just concede framework when people run it against them?

We had a games player and I don't think he listened to our framewerk (and the aff had answers anyways)

So I'm just going to assume that no one on here can help me :P

We had a games player and I don't think he listened to our framewerk (and the aff had answers anyways)

So I'm just going to assume that no one on here can help 

If you are not going to read args because teams have answers you might be missing the entire point of debate (and are probably going for obscure args that can be beaten by common sense). 

• Upvote 2

Ninja's is a terrible idea, read give back the land. 

How would you argue that? You don't talk about native americans that's bad?

How would you argue that? You don't talk about native americans that's bad?

That's one link, a link story vs a Deleuzian Pirates Aff

1. Link of Omission (as you said)

2. Link to fluid identity

3. Link to intersectionality of pirate ships

4. Link to Deleuzian concepts of rhizmoes, lines of flight, etc. (Almost all native scholars HATE Deleuze and the pirates affs). 

5. Gee, maybe the fact that pirates sought to destroy and plunder native lands when they found them?

• Upvote 2

why are oklahoma debaters so obsessed about GBTL.

also the deleuzian indicts of native scholarship are verrrryyy good if you take the time to cut them, some amazing perm cards and specific responses to every link to GBTL to deleuze I've seen.  but I generally think the fluid identity links are bad, even if rhetorically powerful.  

So I'm just going to assume that no one on here can help me :P

This:

If you are not going to read args because teams have answers you might be missing the entire point of debate (and are probably going for obscure args that can be beaten by common sense).

And the reason no one is offering 'ninja exploration' is because

1) Its not a good argument

2) It makes no sense

Ninjas didn't explore, they were peasant farmers using garden tools to fight what amounted to bourgeoisie. The counter advocacy is...well dumb.

• Upvote 1

why are oklahoma debaters so obsessed about GBTL.

Because we have a historical connection to native people? Because we actually are in contact with more native people than the average new yorker?

also the deleuzian indicts of native scholarship are verrrryyy good if you take the time to cut them, some amazing perm cards and specific responses to every link to GBTL to deleuze I've seen.  but I generally think the fluid identity links are bad, even if rhetorically powerful.  

Still have yet to see these read against me on a natives debate. As someone who reads arguments on both sides of this (Posthumanism DnG aff and First priority on the neg )  DnG debaters need to less answer all of the specific links and just win their interpretation of the world is correct/ Politically beneficial even if its isn't.  The Byrd links to DnG are boombbbb though

Edit : Had this debate in a GBTL Vs. Agamben pirates aff at Ghill , Just win that attempting to reapropriate racist and colonialist shit isn't a good idea.

Edited by MrEragonSaph

Because we have a historical connection to native people? Because we actually are in contact with more native people than the average new yorker?

Still have yet to see these read against me on a natives debate. As someone who reads arguments on both sides of this (Posthumanism DnG aff and First priority on the neg )  DnG debaters need to less answer all of the specific links and just win their interpretation of the world is correct/ Politically beneficial even if its isn't.  The Byrd links to DnG are boombbbb though

Edit : Had this debate in a GBTL Vs. Agamben pirates aff at Ghill , Just win that attempting to reapropriate racist and colonialist shit isn't a good idea.

Congrats on the second bid btw. 

Congrats on the second bid btw. 

4/6 of our neg rounnds  were first priority debates lol...(Semi's was a colonialism/antiblackness K of SFA's Taino identity  aff so 5/6 Colonialism rounds) Doubles was a bit weird to be on the opposite side of the place based ethics debate though.

Edited by MrEragonSaph