TheBigDA

Getting off the Rock

Does anyone have any good cards for energy/military/econ is key to getting off the rock or any getting off the rock impact cards?

Any help would be appreciated.  :wavey:

Edited by TheBigDA
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't have any cards, but if you can win on impacts you can argue that these impacts will occur before space colonization, but this (in my experience) only works with nuclear war impacts and things that will happen soon, global warming not so much. 

I don't have any cards, but if you can win on impacts you can argue that these impacts will occur before space colonization, but this (in my experience) only works with nuclear war impacts and things that will happen soon, global warming not so much. 

eh, space col will probably take too long even to avoid warming, especially for a stable and independent colony which would require decades of terraforming which would require decades of research and decades of moving materials to terraform. If the Earth was uninhabitable in say 100-150 years a colony would have difficulty being independent of a nonexistent base colony on earth with depleted resources.

Problem with GOTR is while some cards do say space col is possible in like 50ish years or so, those cards are talking about limited dependent colonies. To be fully independent could take multiple centuries, but the ev is never tagged that way.