Solax10

When will we start seeing potential politic scenarios again?

As congress has left for vacation and a republican majority will return in 2015 I am wondering when we will see the potential scenarios for politics? I have a tournament the 9th and I would like to at least have one DA that I am experienced with.

• Upvote 1

Cap is a Kritik that's always unique. 

Fixed, our area is full of parents as judges so kritiks are usually a no no.

Fixed, our area is full of parents as judges so kritiks are usually a no no.

Don't worry, just call it a linear disad with fiated uniqueness.  They'll never know the difference

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Don't worry, just call it a linear disad with fiated uniqueness.  They'll never know the difference

Trust me even as a "inear DA" lay judges won't get it I would appreciate any actual help though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Trust me even as a "inear DA" lay judges won't get it I would appreciate any actual help though.

If judges are really that dumb then just run spending and say "the economy judge :("

Who gaf about ptx when government spending is mounting every day! How are we gonna stabilize our economy when our budget keeps growing!?

Judge the economy :'(

edit: i know lay judges aren't "dumb" for not buying a linear disad. I also know it's ableist. I do not advocate the literal interpretation of my post other than you should run spending in lay rounds.

Edited by Arturo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If judges are really that dumb then just run spending and say "the economy judge :("

Who gaf about ptx when government spending is mounting every day! How are we gonna stabilize our economy when our budget keeps growing!?

Judge the economy :'(

edit: i know lay judges aren't "dumb" for not buying a linear disad. I also know it's ableist. I do not advocate the literal interpretation of my post other than you should run spending in lay rounds.

The reason I don't run spending is because #1 it's boring to debate and #2 teams in our area counter the spending DA by saying "We only spend $400k" or "We use a grant".

Edit: I also don't see how judges are dumb for not buying a cap k as a DA. Take the average person and tell them "capitalism is the root cause for all our harms let's burn it down and embrace Marxisim." You will get confused faces.

Edited by Solax10

Edit: I also don't see how judges are dumb for not buying a cap k as a DA. Take the average person and tell them "capitalism is the root cause for all our harms let's burn it down and embrace Marxisim." You will get confused faces.

sure. but saying "social and economic inequalities harm every major indicator of quality of life, and are further exacerbated by the affirmative. we support a more justice approach to economics" works. Just because you can badly debate an argue doesn't mean it's a bad argument.

• Upvote 2

You clearly didn't read my disclaimer at the bottom of my post, I was being somewhat satirical but I don't think lay judges are necessarily dumb for not understanding badly run Cap alts. What I meant is kind of in a joking way to say lay judges like spending. And the grants stuff, tradeoff das! Like seriously, if they have to dip into some other funding that is actually the elusive link to terrible tradeoff das that don't make any sense with normal affs. Also you could run a bastardized interp of T-Increase or fx t depending on their funding method and whether or not they claim an advantage off it. Obviously this requires more explanation, but clearly not the same level required by a K. Damn I feel like novice year all over again. 

I also agree with Snarf above: you can always win a K if you're good enough at it. It isn't always the most strategic and I agree with you on that point. I think most of the people on this thread are joking, myself included, but we are also offering legitimate help if you listen to what we're saying.

EDIT: And you say "boring to debate": lol welcome to lay debate! What did you expect?

Edited by Arturo

I also agree with Snarf above: you can always win a K if you're good enough at it. It isn't always the most strategic and I agree with you on that point. I think most of the people on this thread are joking, myself included, but we are also offering legitimate help if you listen to what we're saying.

EDIT: And you say "boring to debate": lol welcome to lay debate! What did you expect?

I started this thread a while back asking about politics scenarios while I appreciate people recommending me new ideas for DA's the purpose of this thread wasn't for new ideas. Also I find scenarios that change every couple weeks/months like politics to be more exciting.

I started this thread a while back asking about politics scenarios while I appreciate people recommending me new ideas for DA's the purpose of this thread wasn't for new ideas. Also I find scenarios that change every couple weeks/months like politics to be more exciting.

I mean ok, but ptx isn't always an option, and isn't always strategic. Just tryna help by providing ideas while congress is out of session. I don't really like ptx very much so I'm not much help in that arena. 

Ok answer is the Cuba politics disad that Obama will push in Congress and Rubio and his fellow Cuban exile friends will bitch all over Obama for trying to normalize trade relations. Basically pull up all your Cuba embargo files and be ready to debate them

I mean ok, but ptx isn't always an option, and isn't always strategic. Just tryna help by providing ideas while congress is out of session. I don't really like ptx very much so I'm not much help in that arena. 

Of course politics isn't always an option but it is very rarely not an option and links to more than in my opinion spending does. Again I appreciate the help but things like "run cap as a DA" isn't much help when judges in my areas have a hard time understanding things like counter plans. 

Ok answer is the Cuba politics disad that Obama will push in Congress and Rubio and his fellow Cuban exile friends will bitch all over Obama for trying to normalize trade relations. Basically pull up all your Cuba embargo files and be ready to debate them

Just make sure you aren't running the Planet Debate scenario... It's pretty not good.

Their uniqueness author actually supports the "bandwagoning" thesis of the "winners win" link turn in the same article.

----------------------

Their author agrees with our thesis of winners-win in the context of current politics and Cuba

Feldman – December 17th

Noah Feldman, December 17, 2014, a Bloomberg View columnist, is a professor of constitutional and international law at Harvard and the author of six books, most recently “Cool War: The Future of Global Competition, Delaware Online, http://www.delawareonline.com/story/opinion/contributors/2014/12/17/obama-gambles-can-defeat-cuba-lobby/20555625/

What Obama must be hoping is that groups with a passing interest in the opening to Cuba will get on the bandwagon just long enough to counterbalance the power of the lobby and get the necessary legislation passed. Big ag will still have a diffuse interest, not a concentrated one – but perhaps the vision of money on the table in the near future will motivate sufficient support.

With the end of his presidency in view, Obama has to take risks if he wants to score some legacy points. His gamble on Cuba may not be fully realized. But the results will have implications for the structure of American interest group politics more broadly.

Noah Feldman, a Bloomberg View columnist, is a professor of constitutional and international law at Harvard and the author of six books, most recently “Cool War: The Future of Global Competition.”

-------------------------------------------------------

Their impact assumes actions that Obama just took on Cuba and there is no distinction made between normalizing relations with Cuba and repealing the embargo, and there's some pretty solid non-uniques to their evidence from 2005 and 2012 about Latin American relations.

Edited by Coltar.The.Barbarian