Pacifist

Answering Revolutions K

I read a K aff and I hit a revolutions K where they advocate for violently overthrowing the state. Does anyone know how to answer it other than case outweighs?

I don't know, maybe "killing people is probably bad and you're probably gonna kill some innocents."  Maybe through in an "empirics prove."

• Upvote 2

violence bad seems like a good strat...i have a feeling that your k aff takes a stand against some form of structural violence, and i have a feeling that physical violence is not an alternative that your scholarship would endorse. 

• Upvote 1

Aff is red Atlantic, a version of middle passage based upon the indigenous and coloniality.  But I'm cutting a new aff so any general knowledge on these topics is good.

• Upvote 1

well, 

1) Radical Revolution = coopted

2) Radical Revolution via violence is... well... violent, and probably results in deaths of more of those who suffer under the state

3) Aff is a prerequisite- can't engage in mass revolts if our epistemology is flawed, that creates systems that are full of the flawed epistemologies you discuss in the 1AC probably. 

• Upvote 2

a) America has tanks and cops and militarized police that seems to be more than willing to kill minorities 

B) violent revs lead to military strongmen (Napoleon et.al proves)

c) if your aff is able to jive with Radical democracy, you could just read enmity is inevitable and liberal democratic deliberation is the only chance for reform (Laclau and Mouffe)

d) Usually these movements aren't intersectional so if you read stuff that talks about the intersections of whatever ism you have solvency deficits and if you read pomoy continental philosophy your aff is probably an impact turn 

Edited by Alwaysgoforinherency
  • Upvote 1

Reactionary politics bad: a.     Stalin and east Europe with a desire to irradiate privilege led to anti Semitism in east Europe b.     Chavez in cuba with the desire to over throw the system – lead to identity militarization which lead to the superiority of the macho, white, male and the exclusion on difference c.     Mao with the desire to eliminate intellectual elitism murdered millions of people and forced into poverty doctors and scholars  

S/O to JBell

Edited by aram
  • Upvote 1

Aff is red Atlantic, a version of middle passage based upon the indigenous and coloniality.  But I'm cutting a new aff so any general knowledge on these topics is good.

A. BURN SHIT DOWN/GIVE BACK THE LAND AND CHOP OFF HEADS - AKA Perm do both/Perm do the aff - no reason why you can't be/tradeoff with violent revolution 

B. Peace + Violence = Key to change 

Edited by Payton
  • Upvote 1

HOW DO THE PERMUTATION NOT SOLVE? Seriously, you just gotta be like BURN DOWN THE COLONIALIST STATE to GIVE BACK THE LAND TO INDIGENOUS PEOPLE which means that indigenous governance has full authority over all of the Americas which ends slavery for black people because they take the land back from white slave owners and white people. Also go cut that Wilderson card in Red, White, and Black in his Negrophobia chapter about why coalitions between indigenous people and black people are key to overthrowing the state which means the permutation solves best because we destroy the white supremacist structure that turned Africans into blacks, and Indigenous Native Americans into "Savages".

Well first off read "state good" then move onto "state inevitable", then you can read something about how violence only leads to future oppression. 

don't read "state inevitable" - the warrants are bad and it creates a shitton of new links.

don't read "state inevitable" - the warrants are bad and it creates a shitton of new links.

i understand, but you could read demolishing state causes extinction 

Meh, arguing the state is inevitable through, say, hierarchies is bad, but arguing that state inevitable vis a vis violent overthrow impossible / no collapse (ie state sustainable maybe) takes out uq to the K.