Hannahkiin

I got a new flash drive. Help me name it?

Taking name suggestions. Must be short and with no punctuation cause flash drive name limits. My old one was named Nuclear War.

Royal 10, Diebel 7, or Brooks 13 depending on your 1ac

What if I have an aff that includes none of those cards, or even the impacts they talk about?

Another team renamed MY flashdrive to "VOTE ON CAP" in a round where they read cap vs us. I've kept it since I go 1 off cap most college CX rounds. 

I also don't keep my actual debate files on a flash drive (since I dislike them being stolen from me), but I do have multiple folders titled "Debate evidence DO NOT STEAL" with nothing but python files named "1AC" that when ran will spew hundreds of random named textfiles within the directory it's ran in. Not destructive but a lesson to teams that would try to cheat me. If they complained about it than I'd know who tried to steal my files. 

edit: Got that patriarchal language out of the way before anyone noticed :) 

Edited by RainSilves
  • Upvote 3

I also don't keep my actual debate files on a flash drive (since I dislike them being stolen from me), but I do have multiple folders titled "Debate evidence DO NOT STEAL" with nothing but python files named "1AC" that when ran will spew hundreds of random named textfiles within the directory it's ran in. Not destructive but a lesson to teams that would try to cheat me. If they complained about it than I'd know who tried to steal my files. 

Could you share said python files with us or at least direct me towards creating some?

• Upvote 3

Could you share said python files with us or at least direct me towards creating some?

Yes....I want this too. Do the other people need python installed or will it run regardless?

• Upvote 1

Yes....I want this too. Do the other people need python installed or will it run regardless?

It should run regardless.

Edit, whoops, double post. Sorry.

Edited by SnarkosaurusRex

Yes they would have to have python installed in order for the script to run. Unless you pipe it through a compiler that runs it as a batch file or a vbs script. If you look up py2exe you can find instructions to compile python files for any machine.

Sorry, just wanted to chime in. I would set a reasonable limit on the number of files this script spits out... You could easily crash a less-powerful computer with a loop that isn't properly handled. The creation of this script walks the line of whether it is ethical or not, but crashing their computer is kinda screwed up.

Edited by LordDebater
  • Upvote 1