FlashJ596

Monologue Structure?

Hey Forum! So my partner and I competed in a tournament, and we had a judge who recommended we  ditch one of our advantages and put a monologue in the aff instead. My partner and I would like to try it but do not know how to structure a monologue, how to debate it or how one monologue would take up the time it took me to read one of the advantages. Any help on where to find monologue for human trafficking, how to tag it or debate would be great!!!!

Do you defend a plan? If so I'd recommend against it. The time trade off isn't really worth it, even teams that do kritikal affs on the college topic that talk about human trafficking don't include monologues. In the time that you spend on the monologue you could instead preempt util and do other more useful things.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Adam. Last year, my partner and I read an MFI aff with human trafficking and poverty advantages, then we had impact framing at the bottom. It's a pretty good strategy.

Hey I found some good preemptive cards for the aff, but how would I put it in the aff? Would I just put "Contention 4 is impact framing"?

Hey I found some good preemptive cards for the aff, but how would I put it in the aff? Would I just put "Contention 4 is impact framing"?

Most teams just put them on the solvency flow; it depends on how important it is to the aff, though.  If it's something you expect to matter every 2ar (ie structural violence first, fear of death bad, no war) it should probably get its own flow and your contention name seems fine. 

• Upvote 2

Like Bobby said, most people toss them under solvency. It doesn't really matter too terribly much, as long as you're consistent and put them somewhere remotely logical.