jobas

Pain Narratives K

Looking to trade for a pain narrative K (the Tuck and Yang argument)

Lots to trade. PM me.

Same, pm me please

A) tuck and yang is a terrible arguement that is cut wildly out of context from the article it is originally from

B) The article is free to read so u should cut the cards yourself ya lazy bastard

• Downvote 9

A) tuck and yang is a terrible arguement that is cut wildly out of context from the article it is originally from

...no.

• Upvote 4

explain?

upon my reading at least, tuck and yang are probably intending to target value-neutral social scientific inquiries into indigenous culture that focus on their pain - say, a sociological analysis that just publishes stats about how impoverished a given reservation is.

there are a couple places in their published works where they specify that the (or at least a) problem is a lack of structural analysis - ie, if that sociological analysis was like "this reservation is probably really poor because of centuries of settler-colonialism" then it wouldn't be commodifiable in the same way that a structurally-neutral analysis would be.

don't get me wrong, I respect the spin game, but I think it's pretty clear that they wouldn't reject, for example, a middle passage aff that outlines specific modes of violence and ties them back to generalized anti-blackness. but I also think that tuck + yang is still a winnable argument even in those circumstances.