JaredCroitoru

JaredCroitoru(aff) vs.MartyP(neg)

1- Why vote aff?

2- What is the purpose of debate?

3- In your ROB you posit debate as a marketplace.  Why?

4- You talk about heterotopias in your Bonnie 12 ev.  Why is the ship as heterotopia the best heterotopia to affirm?

5- Your Cordingly ev says pirates create a sense of solidarity while rebelling and fighting.  Who are they fighting, and who is part of this sense of solidarity?  

5a- You say violent resistance.  Against who?

6- Cordingly also talks about colonialism.  How do you solve?

7- Why center on queerness?

8- Am I a part of this heteronormative oppression that you criticize?  Are the judges?

I was thinking about writing a heterotopia aff so this is really cool

• Upvote 1

1.To reaffirm are ethics 

2.To start creating the space for discussion

3.Due to how current usage of the debate  space as this place where we try to sell these ideas -kinda related to that  Im not sure if this is what you where asking but - reask this if im not sure how clear this is 

4 Because this lack of these signification of hiearchies and these names , the ship is not a static identity , due to the lack of static identity thats why the ship is the best hete

Ill finish this later

• Upvote 1

oh come on, you took out the acknowledgements and co-conspirators page?  That was the best part of this aff :P

• Upvote 1

Yay! Pirates!

if you were wondering, here's the Co-Conspirator's list:

Captain Asher and Captain Kyle would like to thank the following Co-Conspirators:

Jamie, Edward Teach, Nathan Jeschke, The Ron Paul Revolution, Nancy Kurshan, Johan, Pilot G-2s, Amanda, Jerry Rubin, That one hot British judge from Whitman, Harvey Milk, Jared Croitoru, Kurt Vonnegut, Canwen, our parents, David Rovics, Andy, The Beatles, Regner, Jack Kerouac, Paul Krassner, Captain Jack Sparrow, Ellie, Malcolm X, Captain Brittnay, David, Evan, Stan, Abbie Hoffman, The Terrorists, Arturo, and Miss Mahler.

t4jFP4w.png

• Upvote 1

idk someone i knew sent this to me as a start for myself :

- the bruh - i needed some practice 

/ Same with Marty :what Camp was this from?

Your Cordingly ev says pirates create a sense of solidarity while rebelling and fighting.  Who are they fighting, and who is part of this sense of solidarity?   They are fighting against those who want to put an identifier upon one , and the sense of solidarity is anyone who wants to put a label upone one 

5a- You say violent resistance.  Against who? - Those who put identifiers upon people

6- Cordingly also talks about colonialism.  How do you solve?  By taking away these identifiers 

7- Why center on queerness? Centering on queerness is so all groups who do not want a identifier such as color , race ,sexuality , class, can be detached from it 

8- Am I a part of this heteronormative oppression that you criticize?  Are the judges?  Look at 7  if you fit 7 and the main idea , lacking of want of being attached to an identifiers look their first 

3. How do you facilitate the marketplace of ideas.  If I win that you don't do that, do you lose?

7. So if I DO want an identifier such as color, race, sexuality, class, etc. am I then the subject of your violent resistance according to your answer to 6?

What camp put this aff out?^^

you think a mere camp has the amazingness required to produce this aff?  Its a product of some truly special (in all senses of the word) minds

• Upvote 1

Thats even better 

you think a mere camp has the amazingness required to produce this aff?  Its a product of some truly special (in all senses of the word) minds

likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dude its chill

3. How do you facilitate the marketplace of ideas.  If I win that you don't do that, do you lose?- We really just start within this debate itself dont accept the norms dude , thats how we do that , and on the second part - i say  No

7. So if I DO want an identifier such as color, race, sexuality, class, etc. am I then the subject of your violent resistance according to your answer to 6? Yes because the identifier such as that is justifcation of violence within society or that is targeted against those groups

I'd be happy to judge if y'all are cool with it

Ok with me if it is for Jared.  I'm assuming you're good with K's and all that

Why was the 1NC a link of omission... there are way better links to the pirate fluidity that the aff discusses 4 colonialism. 

a- it's not a link of omission.  But that'll be in the block

b- That's not the only link

c- I was a little pressed for room, so I went with the links that I understand better.  I've got some others for the block if need be. 

Chill Lets start on Framework 

:

1.onto Switch-Side Debate impact  like how do actually lose ground if you still have neg postions you can run against us ?

2. Onto the Interpation how many Violations are there 

3.If we win on Framework thats the States Uniquely worse for debate do we win this flow 

4.Effective , what do classify as effective ?

Now onto the K: 

1. Status of the K 

2.How do we rely on Fluidity of Identity 

3.How do give back the land ?

4.If the affirmative takes place on Ocean how do we take land >

Case:Explain the Guetner turn 

and on the Rasch - do we not try to deidentify and step away from these norms

How is the 1AC an assimlation ?

Chill Lets start on Framework 

:

1.onto Switch-Side Debate impact  like how do actually lose ground if you still have neg postions you can run against us ?

Two reasons.  1- I'm not a shitty debater.  I'll read answers against any aff I see.  It doesn't mean I should have to, and you should lose for putting me in that position.  That's the more theoretical side.  2- Just because I'm reading an answer to your aff doesn't mean that a) the quality of the debate hasn't suffered or B)  you haven't set up a bad model for the communication of ideas.

2. Onto the Interpation how many Violations are there 

What do you mean? I just said you're not a fiated USFG policy if that's what you're asking

3.If we win on Framework thats the States Uniquely worse for debate do we win this flow 

nope.  That's a part of this flow for sure, and it's a disad to fw, but I certainly don't need to win that.

4.Effective , what do classify as effective ?

Probably depends on the context of the word but probably effective=works

Now onto the K: 

1. Status of the K 

Condo

2.How do we rely on Fluidity of Identity 

two reasons.  1- your pirate pedagogy is based in an idea of fluidity.  That's why you claim it is so effective at challenging institutions. 2-your conception of queerness also relies on a similar idea of fluidity (what with your kritiking of binaries and such)

3.How do give back the land ?

Imagine it.  It's a thought experiment.

4.If the affirmative takes place on Ocean how do we take land >

A- contrary to popular belief, pirates do not live solely on the ocean.  B- that doesn't really have anything to do with the K.  The mindset that you endorse is the same colonial mindset that is used to disenfranchise the indigenous.

Case:Explain the Guetner turn 

Inclusionary ethics are bad.

and on the Rasch - do we not try to deidentify and step away from these norms

No

How is the 1AC an assimlation ?

A- you say pirates are so great because they include queers.  B- you say fight like pirates to include queers.  The argument is that this mindset is rooted in a violently assimilationist logic

Edited by MartyP

Forgot a paradigm - I'm good with anything.

FW: I'd prefer to be more institutional (state can solve queerness, state can't solve queerness) vs. the theoretical (fairness, decision making skills, etc.)

Forgot a paradigm - I'm good with anything.

FW: I'd prefer to be more institutional (state can solve queerness, state can't solve queerness) vs. the theoretical (fairness, decision making skills, etc.)

But don't you want "social improvement in all facets of life"

DID YOU EVEN READ STEINBERG???!!!

DID YOU EVEN READ STEINBERG???!!!

I've had it read every single aff round I've been in this year, so yes

Edited by BobbyS
  • Upvote 2

I've had it read every single aff round I've been in this year, so yes

*not Phil, David. Get your Steinbergs right.  

Edited by MartyP
  • Upvote 1