Miro

Topic Selection for 2015-2016

The domestic security sounds very interesting, though I would suspect that it could likely become a bit repetitive. Most negs would most likely be something along the lines of terrorism, national security, and crime, while there's obviously going to be a lot of aff cases having to do with invasion of privacy and violation of constitutional rights.

The domestic security sounds very interesting, though I would suspect that it could likely become a bit repetitive. Most negs would most likely be something along the lines of terrorism, national security, and crime, while there's obviously going to be a lot of aff cases having to do with the law and biopolitics.

fixed

• Upvote 2

The domestic security sounds very interesting, though I would suspect that it could likely become a bit repetitive. Most negs would most likely be something along the lines of terrorism, national security, and crime, while there's obviously going to be a lot of aff cases having to do with invasion of privacy and violation of constitutional rights.

Maybe if it was LD...

• Upvote 2

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Now I'm going to have to hear terrible Foucault stuff every round. 

On the other hand, Deleuzian fascism stuff is topical so there's that. Also, someone could probably do something with Trisons/Xenodust from a Negarestani perspective.

• Upvote 2

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Now I'm going to have to hear terrible Foucault stuff every round. 

On the other hand, Deleuzian fascism stuff is topical so there's that. Also, someone could probably do something with Trisons/Xenodust from a Negarestani perspective.

My first thought was Foucault, and then Deleuze

It's probably gonna be a Deleuze aff that you're gonna be seeing from my end (I'm currently a senior in high school, so probably from somebody in my circuit)

idk idk Negarestani isn't that easy to understand lol 

Just get particularity links.  "Your ending of one form of surveillance makes us think the state is reformable, kills revolutionary politics".

Could anyone refer me some authors who would say this? and would this work as a link to an Agamben Kritik, even if the aff claims to turn/solve biopower?

Yes, it would work as a link to Agamben; he's one of the main critics of reformism.  That said, I've heard he thinks negative state action can still be good, though I'm not sure whether that's correct.  As for sources, Michigan put out a Foucault K that has some reformism links; those might be a decent starting point.

• Upvote 1