What are the best ways to answer muti-plank CP's? I understand that they are abusive but what else should be included in a good 2AC block?

Firstly - like Theory- 

depends on how many - 

based on my knowledge 4-5 planks are shady

-6 planks is a short way of going 6 condo 

what is going on with your formatting

• Upvote 6

What makes them abusive? If the neg agrees that they can't kick individual planks, why is it any different than just reading a longer CP text? 

Edited by JosephOverman
  • Upvote 3

Counterplan specificity and length is abusive??????  WHAT?!?!?!?!??!

Planks merely add to clarity.  It would just be a longer counter plan otherwise.

What is the multi-plank counter plan?  Thats where any abuse might be….not by just reading a multi-plank counter plan.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"Perm do the aff and every combination of the planks"

Being in a Discrete Math class and doing that would be so fun. 

"How many possible combinations of the plan and perms exist? 6 Factorial of them?" 

the 2NC stands up and says "Juddddgeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I have to respond to 720 possible combinations of the plan and my planks! That's abuuuuussssssivveeeeee" and then the judge is like "I don't buy the math" and you spend half an hour trying to teach combinatorics and everyone hates you and the round is terrible.

Then against, a round with a long multiplank CP is already not gonna be fun  for anyone.  

• Upvote 5

Being in a Discrete Math class and doing that would be so fun. 

"How many possible combinations of the plan and perms exist? 6 Factorial of them?" 

the 2NC stands up and says "Juddddgeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I have to respond to 720 possible combinations of the plan and my planks! That's abuuuuussssssivveeeeee" and then the judge is like "I don't buy the math" and you spend half an hour trying to teach combinatorics and everyone hates you and the round is terrible.

Turn - neg can kick or reorder planks - that means they're actually reading 720 counterplans. Did I mention that condo is bad?

• Upvote 3