FlashJ596

Capitalism Advantage

Actually if you PM me I have some very interesting Cap Uniqueness stuff that are specific to energy affs

Also, don't listen to people who say cap bad, most cap links are pretty weak this year, however Neolib is probably a threat. Most cap style kritiks say that some form of inherent form of capitalism leads to anarchocap and that anarchocap is bad.

However, consumption via cap links to almost every K ever, soooooo... Unless you can create a great cap framework you're probably fricked over in that instance. (but I have one if you want it, it's based off of a more conservative way of thinking though)

Credentials: 7/1 w/l ratio with my cap good aff

Edited by MrFudgeFox

Actually if you PM me I have some very interesting Cap Uniqueness stuff that are specific to energy affs

Also, don't listen to people who say cap bad, most cap links are pretty weak this year, however Neolib is probably a threat. Most cap style kritiks say that some form of inherent form of capitalism leads to anarchocap and that anarchocap is bad.

However, consumption via cap links to almost every K ever, soooooo... Unless you can create a great cap framework you're probably fricked over in that instance. (but I have one if you want it, it's based off of a more conservative way of thinking though)

Credentials: 7/1 w/l ratio with my cap good aff

The only time I'd run a Cap Good aff would be if it were an Accelerationism aff - and I'd have to win util ethics good since my aff would be literally grinding all those afflicted by capitalist exploitation

Edited by Theparanoiacmachine

The only time I'd run a Cap Good aff would be if it were an Accelerationism aff - and I'd have to win util ethics good since my aff would be literally grinding all those afflicted by capitalist exploitation

Still are dismantling cap if you're going by the accelerationist manifesto, tho

Still are dismantling cap if you're going by the accelerationist manifesto, tho

I know, we'd be saying that cap is good because only cap is able to dismantle itself; the only problem with that is that we're going to have to literally destroy the planet in order to achieve such ends

• Upvote 1

I know, we'd be saying that cap is good because only cap is able to dismantle itself; the only problem with that is that we're going to have to literally destroy the planet in order to achieve such ends

I've always been tempted to read Accelerationism against a cap K, but I think my partner may kill me. Dat Nick Land doe. Or Negarestani...

I've always been tempted to read Accelerationism against a cap K, but I think my partner may kill me. Dat Nick Land doe. Or Negarestani...

Likewise, I have dreams about reading it and destroying the other team with it

but seriously, it's more of an issue of Nick Land indicts (he's a neo-reactionary), and the fact that a post-accelerationist society will prolly be neo-reactionist since most of its advocates are neo-reactionaries - Basically, avoid Landian accelerationism and you're good  :flower:  :flower:  :flower:  :flower:  :flower:

Edited by Theparanoiacmachine

Likewise, I have dreams about reading it and destroying the other team with it

but seriously, it's more of an issue of Nick Land indicts (he's a neo-reactionary), and the fact that a post-accelerationist society will prolly be neo-reactionist since most of its advocates are neo-reactionaries - Basically, avoid Landian accelerationism and you're good  :flower:  :flower:  :flower:  :flower:  :flower:

But, but, coked up Wall Street trader metaphors :(

But cyberspace...

Nick Land's pretty great. Well, Fanged Noumena is. As a work of philosophy. Dat Ray Brassier Nihil Unbound stuff doe.

Honestly, I just want there to be a vaguely food-related topic so I can cut Vol. VII of Collapse: "Culinary Materialism."

Edited by IxionsWheel
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, I just want there to be a vaguely food-related topic so I can cut Vol. VII of Collapse: "Culinary Materialism."

aquaculture

But cyberspace...

Nick Land's pretty great. Well, Fanged Noumena is. As a work of philosophy. Dat Ray Brassier Nihil Unbound stuff doe.

Yep, Fanged Noumena and Nihil Unbound are both great books

Does anyone have a pdf of fanged noumena you'd be willing to share?

I can do you 5 better

https://www.mediafire.com/?8atu9l6kyxgjzl3

https://www.mediafire.com/?e9ryticnb6014lk

https://www.mediafire.com/?6z2vhhaa6uyznli

https://www.mediafire.com/?lbysf7xrf6rhl1f

https://www.mediafire.com/?9792uy97sl86918

http://www.mediafire.com/view/9792uy97sl86918/Land_-_Fanged_Noumena.pdf

Also, mediafire is really starting to piss me off because it won't copy links properly. If anything is a broken link up there let me know.

• Upvote 2

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I convinced my partner to switch to a whole new aff. I appreciate the forums help

I've coached multiple teams to the NDT at three different universities.  Changing your aff doesn't change your strategic approach to this issue fundamentally (unless its a super-K aff).  This soooooo much:

You shouldn't make a Cap advantage because of the uniqueness question, but if you have an econ advantage you'll have implicit impact turns.

The only exception would be if your aff was bad on econ....but you should NEVER do that....unless the plan is to impact turn econ.

So in sum:

1) Use economy to impact turn the alternative to capitalism (this could work with some other K arguments too--at the very least they are a parallel impact turn)

2) You might invest time in BOTH your link and your impact.

Edited by nathan_debate

When i said change my aff, im changing my advantages and I abandoned  the idea of the cap advantage.