BernieSanders

Oh how the mighty have fallen

You High School kids have it easssssyyyyyyyy compared to College debate. 

This has been a PSA by Rainsilves 

• Upvote 4

You High School kids have it easssssyyyyyyyy compared to College debate. 

This has been a PSA by Rainsilves 

NVM, saw sig

Edited by SnarkosaurusRex

Well actually it looks like we're gonna go 2-4 but idk. 

2-4 with a Bye that is. 

Edited by RainSilves
  • Upvote 1

I never debated in high school, but I can say this. I've beaten a TOC winner twice (the same person), and I suck. A lot. I suck a lot. High school debate seems much easier.

Also, why is this in Novice Center? Hidden message?

• Upvote 5

I never debated in high school, but I can say this. I've beaten a TOC winner twice (the same person), and I suck. A lot. I suck a lot. High school debate seems much easier.

Who? John Spurlock (<3)?

• Upvote 3

Because I am now a novice again even though I'm in open vs teams way better than me. 

• Upvote 5

A lot of our "good" debaters (our as in my local circuit) have quit debate in college because they were the ones that would get sent off (the select few) to compete on the national High School circuit and they would always go 1-5 (the occasional 2-4, if they ran something other than Cap, like an Anthro K is the most high theory on my circuit) so they got scared off of competing on the college circuit 

Who? John Spurlock (<3)?

This is a public forum, and I'm not going to name names, especially when I said that I beat a person and then in the next breath said I suck. The implication would be that I'm saying that they suck more than me, something that I don't want to say.

People can PM me if they want.

• Upvote 1

This is a public forum, and I'm not going to name names, especially when I said that I beat a person and then in the next breath said I suck. The implication would be that I'm saying that they suck more than me, something that I don't want to say.

People can PM me if they want.

arent you a special snowflake 

• Downvote 3

arent you a special snowflake 

This would've made sense if you were replying to my first post. Now it doesn't.

Sorry that I don't want to be rude. Sorry that I'm trying to give my opinion while maintaining the privacy of others.

• Upvote 1

This would've made sense if you were replying to my first post. Now it doesn't.

Sorry that I don't want to be rude. Sorry that I'm trying to give my opinion while maintaining the privacy of others.

damn sassy aren't we 

• Downvote 5

I empathize. Especially coming into college as someone who didn't have the opportunity to debate on the national circuit. Why is everyone so good at this activity?

I think it's because most debaters that debate on the national circuit in college are debaters that debated in the national circuit in high school

• Upvote 1

I feel ya. 3-5 at my first two tournaments, we'll see how Weber goes!

Nice selfies, and that horse thing is weird. 

I'm a friend of a friend, not a stalker

• Upvote 1

I feel ya. 3-5 at my first two tournaments, we'll see how Weber goes!

I'm also at Weber! But this is my first college tournament and I'm thinking 3-5 isn't too bad. What's your record? I think you picked up first round against one of my schools teams. 

Edited by CrypticKitten
  • Upvote 1

I'm also at Weber! But this is my first college tournament and I'm thinking 3-5 isn't too bad. What's your record? I think you picked up first round against one of my schools teams. 

Nice selfies, and that horse thing is weird. 

I'm a friend of a friend, not a stalker

Y'all should record and/or livestream your rounds 

Just got finished with round 4, Austen & I are 2-2, lost the last two rounds. Started off strong with two wins this morning though.

• Upvote 1

Ohey college peoples. I went to Weber as well. Apparently I cannot give a 2nr for the life of me (ask those trinity teams). But I still managed to give good 1ars with no blocks :)

Ended up 2-6 which is probably more than I could ask for all things considered (late season start, didn't have a 1ac or fw till friday, etc.)

I don't know who all's in the area but my next tournament is the pflaumn here at ESU, and when we're aff we'll be legalizing marihuana in the round, if you want to stop on by and "watch"

• Upvote 2

Ohey college peoples. I went to Weber as well. Apparently I cannot give a 2nr for the life of me (ask those trinity teams). But I still managed to give good 1ars with no blocks :)

Ended up 2-6 which is probably more than I could ask for all things considered (late season start, didn't have a 1ac or fw till friday, etc.)

I don't know who all's in the area but my next tournament is the pflaumn here at ESU, and when we're aff we'll be legalizing marihuana in the round, if you want to stop on by and "watch"

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

• Upvote 1