CarlaR

Frontier K

Think American Exceptionalism + Manifest Destiny 

I believe it was 1890 when the continental frontier was reached in the United States which meant that they had to look to the "new frontier," that is Imperialism, and now that we're a global, hegemonic, imperial power - We need to go to the "next frontier," which is Space or the Oceans; in this case it's the Oceans

Any spread of the U.S. frontier has always been met with genocide and cultural destruction (i.e. Native Americans were massacred and robbed of their land; Latin America had it's culture whitewashed by Capitalist corporations in order to impose "Civil" cultures, we had to "help the savages become normal" which was usually met with massive genocides, US-imposed dictatorships, etc) which is what'll happen to the Oceans/Space (If you've heard of the "Get off the Rock" K then that's an example of a Frontier K)

In terms of the Ocean, I believe the impact will be something along the lines of "The aff valorizes the Ocean which strips the Ocean of it's nothingness and imposes a subjective monetary value onto the Ocean space - this commodification of nature leads to ecological destruction"

Edited by Theparanoiacmachine
  • Upvote 3

Think American Exceptionalism + Manifest Destiny 

I believe it was 1890 when the continental frontier was reached in the United States which meant that they had to look to the "new frontier," that is Imperialism, and now that we're a global, hegemonic, imperial power - We need to go to the "next frontier," which is Space or the Oceans; in this case it's the Oceans

Any spread of the U.S. frontier has always been met with genocide and cultural destruction (i.e. Native Americans were massacred and robbed of their land; Latin America had it's culture whitewashed by Capitalist corporations in order to impose "Civil" cultures, we had to "help the savages become normal" which was usually met with massive genocides, US-imposed dictatorships, etc) which is what'll happen to the Oceans/Space (If you've heard of the "Get off the Rock" K then that's an example of a Frontier K)

In terms of the Ocean, I believe the impact will be something along the lines of "The aff valorizes the Ocean which strips the Ocean of it's nothingness and imposes a subjective monetary value onto the Ocean space - this commodification of nature leads to ecological destruction"

Also it causes the destruction of the fish people which is an a-priori voter.

• Upvote 1

I have no idea what I said that deserves thanking, but you're welcome none the less.

Edit, I also found this while browsing Imgur, very relevant

Ityk2nj.jpg

Edited by SnarkosaurusRex
  • Upvote 5