mauchline

LD Novice Topic Files

I am new to LD for this upcoming season and was wondering if anyone had any files for the September- October  novice topic that they would be willing to trade.

The Resolution is... Resolved: Civil Disobedience in a democracy is morally justified.

This topic has been used in the past and I am willing to trade files for anything people have on this topic. I debate policy also so I have an abundance of policy files (including K) to trade.

Thanks Everyone :)

• Upvote 1

So, is the novice LD topic at the beginning of the year ALWAYS going to be the civil disobedience thing? 

Also, right now that topic must have a whole lot of amazing race related lit, especially in the wake of Ferguson. 

• Upvote 1

I hate open ended resolutions. Clearly, what cause people are promoting through civil disobedience is important. Unless you read a case that says "everyone should stand up for what they believe in", or something similarly wishy-washy and stupid, you can't win as affirmative on this topic.

They should have specified an issue, race would have been a decent one but it would be too hard for the negative to win. IMO they should have made the resolution about terrorism against foreign occupation or something like that. That keeps a lot of the same themes, but specifies a topic with more workable ground. Get to argue about the middle east, but also can specify some Red Dawn scenarios, so both sides of the political spectrum are somewhat happy despite the taboo of terrorism. Framers, if you see this you should just give me your job. Need some money, and this is easy.

Edited by Chaos