Trollanator

Oceans So Far

Now that season is up and going, I'm curious to hear some opinions.

What does everyone think are the best and worst affs they've seen?  Best and worst neg positions?

Neg DA's based off of international treaties the U.S. hasn't ratified are the worst DA's. Ever. Of all time

Neg DA's based off of international treaties the U.S. hasn't ratified are the worst DA's. Ever. Of all time

Like an UNCLOS DA? About how we're going to sign it and plan prevents us from doing that?

Dat Aff

CX

Neg: What is the aff trying to do?

Me: Probably a link to the aff. Trying to do something assumes we CAN do something?

Neg: Well why is this space productive?

Me: Well that's another link. We're a kritik of productivity. We think that the aff is a pretty glorious expenditure. 

• Upvote 4

CX

Neg: What is the aff trying to do?

Me: Probably a link to the aff. Trying to do something assumes we CAN do something?

Neg: Well why is this space productive?

Me: Well that's another link. We're a kritik of productivity. We think that the aff is a pretty glorious expenditure. 

I would expend an insane amount of money to watch this round 

Then: 
Neg: WHAT DOES THE AFF EVEN DO?
Me: Well we probably impact turn the necessity of doing things too soooo...

• Upvote 2

I would expend an insane amount of money to watch this round 

I'm pretty sure that links too...

Then: 

Neg: WHAT DOES THE AFF EVEN DO?

Me: Well we probably impact turn the necessity of doing things too soooo...

Neg: But...  stasis? Decisionmaking? How can we go neg?

You: *Cackles maniacally awaiting the 1nc*

I'm pretty sure that links too...

Not when it's an insane amount of money for no apparent reason 

Neg: But...  stasis? Decisionmaking? How can we go neg?

You: *Cackles maniacally awaiting the 1nc*

Steinberg and freeley talk about creating a productive discussion? Productivity Bad

Desicionmaking? Your desicions are bad and you should feel bad. Stop making desicions all together. Just drown yourself knowing you can't do anything

Neg: What can we run against this aff?

Me: We literally say looking for knowledge is bad. I don't think it's THAT hard to cut cards that say knowledge is good

Neg: Why vote aff?

Me: I'll have a much better answer after you read the 1nc

Neg: What can we run against this aff?

Me: We literally say looking for knowledge is bad. I don't think it's THAT hard to cut cards that say knowledge is good

But what is knowledge?

But what is knowledge?

That's a link to the aff. Your attempt to know what knowledge is is exactly what we're criticizing 

That's a link to the aff. Your attempt to know what knowledge is is exactly what we're criticizing 

Touche.

2AC T for any aff Counter Interp – ‘Oceans’ is a collective noun referring to large amounts of things

Merriam Webster ’14 (“Ocean”, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ocean) OfficerTom

a very large number or amount of something

The aff explores and develops the very large number or amount of topics that could be discussed in the round.
  • Upvote 7

2AC T for any aff Counter Interp – ‘Oceans’ is a collective noun referring to large amounts of things

Merriam Webster ’14 (“Ocean”, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ocean) OfficerTom

a very large number or amount of something

The aff explores and develops the very large number or amount of topics that could be discussed in the round.

2AR on reasonability - We talked about words, we must be topical!

The most innovative aff I've seen so far has to be the Accelerationism AFF; I was actually working on one early on in the year to run this year but did not know what I could use as a solvency advocate so I scrapped it, but it's cool to see that a team found out how to run it.

You'd have to win Bataille's theory of economics (i.e. the Solar Economy) is real and that the economy of scarcity isn't a thing in order to actually access solvency, which gets really tough to win in the higher divisions, since sometimes you're up against Cap K debaters that have read Marx and run Ortho Marx as their Cap K - It'd be a cool round to watch tbh

Edited by Theparanoiacmachine

The most innovative aff I've seen so far has to be the Accelerationism AFF; I was actually working on one early on in the year to run this year but did not know what I could use as a solvency advocate so I scrapped it, but it's cool to see that a team found out how to run it.

You'd have to win Bataille's theory of economics (i.e. the Solar Economy) is real and that the economy of scarcity isn't a thing in order to actually access solvency, which gets really tough to win in the higher divisions, since sometimes you're up against Cap K debaters that have read Marx and run Ortho Marx as their Cap K - It'd be a cool round to watch tbh

What's the premise of the  Accelerationism AFF?

What's the premise of the  Accelerationism AFF?

If you've heard of that Bifo 11 evidence that advocates for radical passivity because the system itself is dying; it's kinda like that

Bataille, Marx, Nietzsche, Deleuze and Guattari all agreed that capitalism has self-destructive tendencies (i.e. capital is the ultimate machine of territorialization, Deleuze said it was the closest thing in the world to a god) and that the system will eventually destroy itself. Accelerationsm advocates for a speeding up of that process through a maximization of laissez-faire economics. It's basically an advocacy of unlimited neoliberalism in which we push the economy to its limits to destroy the capitalist system in itself.

This means that politics are also destroyed because capitalism dictates politics - which means that in the world of Accelerationism we're gonna need a new form of political organization - Most accelerationists are neoreactionary in the sense that they want a monarchial form of government to return, the only good I'd see from this would be Bataiiles Sovereignty, but idk what kind of Sovereignty neoreactionaries are talking about.

However, the way I've seen it deployed was that in a post-Accelerationism world, we are open to a new form of political engagement