Solax10

14-15 Debaters

In the next month the season is starting, while this forum is pretty dead since KTG graduated I know that some people may still be here. I am planning on uploading cites to the NDCA wiki but I have no doubt that I will be one of the few. Last year Marshfield had a google disclosure doc I would be up for setting it up if others would use it as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm from KTG's highschool. I think we have one or two other C-X users from my team, but they are less active than I am (which is pretty inactive, looking at my 1-2 posts). Me and my Partner, along with a majority of the teams from my school, are planning on uploading cites to the wiki as well, and are currently trying to press the rest of our district to do the same. I, and I believe most of my team mates, would participate in the Google Doc, although me and my partner are the team who currently have a set aff for the season.

• Upvote 1

Um, I'm 99% sure my old school has no policy teams now, but even if there were, I doubt their coach would let them post cites to the wiki, let alone knowing that it exists.

Edited by SnarkosaurusRex
  • Upvote 1

Does your old school have any debate teams left for any debate? I thought virtually everyone graduated last year.

AFAIK we have three people left. I think two wanted to do PuF and one LD. But yeah, pretty much.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I will make sure that our other policy team (who I strongly suspect is good enough to actually go to nationals) will post cites on the wiki. Though, they won't for local tournaments because secrecy wins rounds in local districts (As unfortunate as that might be)

• Upvote 2

Since when was Oregon in Missouri.

Maybe I signed them up for your tournament just so I could post in this thread. 

Or maybe I use the "latest thread" feature and didn't look at the forum that this was in which coincidentally allowed me to make the mistake of assuming that this was for the whole country.

• Downvote 1

Since when was Oregon in Missouri.

Also, last I checked Mexio is in Missouri, so why not Oregon too? 

Edited by RainSilves
  • Upvote 6

Does your old school have any debate teams left for any debate? I thought virtually everyone graduated last year.

So it turns out we do have a gaggle of novices, but apparently whether or not any go into policy is up in the air.

• Upvote 1

So it turns out we do have a gaggle of novices, but apparently whether or not any go into policy is up in the air.

Tell them all to run space elevator!

• Upvote 2

We should do a disclosure doc for districts

I would agree... however Im not sure how much good it is going to do given a lot of teams are probably going to break new for districts and generally you dont have to disclose an unbroken aff or neg strategy.

I would agree... however Im not sure how much good it is going to do given a lot of teams are probably going to break new for districts and generally you dont have to disclose an unbroken aff or neg strategy.

True. But this way it would give some transparency to all.