hello1910

Repealing MPAs Topical?

Marine protected areas, I don't know on the surface it doesn't seem topical just because you aren't increasing anything but it may depend on the case.

You would need to create an exemption on existing regs to make it on face topical, if the plan has to first repeal MPAs then mandate development, that would arguably be effects.

There is an arg that reappropriating ocean space is on face development. Thats potentially winnable as its probably a prereq to any aff.

There is an arg that reappropriating ocean space is on face development. Thats potentially winnable as its probably a prereq to any aff.

To have a better chance for winning that argument, make sure that 1. Your cards are contextual to the ocean and 2. Are from either a super trusted "Ocean" source or better yet, a legal dictionary. If you can prove that your plantext is considered to be "development" by the USFG and/or other "Ocean" sources, than you will make the neg have a VERY hard time winning fx-T or at least, winning abuse from fx-T 

Edited by RainSilves

If you don't want your plan to be effects topical you will need a card that says that MPAs =/= development.

If you can't find that card then you will need to have effects t good blocks ready to go.

But why would someone... lie.... in a debate round? 

I know, fellow (presumed) 2N. But I've heard that the dreaded 2AR is full of lies. 

But why would someone... lie.... in a debate round? 

It's not unwinnable since the neg gives ridiculous internal link chains 99% of the time

Oh, you AREN'T? Why the nerves? Hmmmm?

[Funny enough I was actually double 2's last year.]

Like any 2N, I just break down under the pressure of those superior skills of those admirable 2A's.

• Upvote 3

[Funny enough I was actually double 2's last year.]

Like any 2N, I just break down under the pressure of those superior skills of those admirable 2A's.

Uh huh. "Admirable". While most of the 2A's I've met are chill people, the ones I've worked with tend to be a little...how should I put this...

• Upvote 1

Bat Shit Crazy ?

No. They were quite sane. And 2 of them were lovely people. But the other 3 were (still looking for a gentler term than "assholes").

No. They were quite sane. And 2 of them were lovely people. But the other 3 were (still looking for a gentler term than "assholes").

Donkeyholes?

• Upvote 1

I better be one of the lovely ones, otherwise I'm going to compile a list. 

I'll leave that up to you to decide...

MPAs are an inherent barrier to development.  They directly remove the barrier.  

I think reading cards that removing MPAs would do more than increase development......could be used to prove its either FX or extra...its a double-bind.  Otherwise, its a bit of a gray area.

WHAT A THREAT!!!!!!  Everybody watch out, we've got someone about to...to...make a LIST!

Edited by Trollanator
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for all the responses! Do you think I could find a card that said development=repealing MPAs? I've searched a lot for this card, but I can't seem to find it.