Snarf

ISIS Good Cards?

http://relationsinternational.com/enemy-friend-islamic-state-may-best-thing-happen-iraqi-kurdistan/

My Enemy, My Friend? Why the Islamic State May Be the Best Thing to Happen to Iraqi Kurdistan
Watching the sudden and (to Western eyes) unexpected unfolding of the Islamic State and its territorial gains in Iraq has been fascinating. The dynamics have been heretofore unpredictable – a few weeks ago a conflict scholar asked on a social media forum whether ISIS (as it was then known) would bother with the Kurds in Iraqi Kurdistan or concentrate on Baghdad. The consensus at the time was that the Kurdish peshmerga, battle-hardened from years of war, were probably too much for this new upstart force and that the Islamists didn’t really want to rule the Kurds anyway.
Edited by Snarf
  • Upvote 2

ISIS trade off DA

Could be a DA to military counterplans 

Less funding to send money to Syrian rebels and Kurds --> Less future kurds arms --> when the kurds get smashed ISIS will get guns but they arent tehre because of your evil cp  --> this imapct

amirite

Edited by KimJongUn
  • Upvote 3

ISIS trade off DA

Could be a DA to military counterplans 

Less funding to send money to Syrian rebels and Kurds --> Less future kurds arms --> when the kurds get smashed ISIS will get guns but they arent tehre because of your evil cp  --> this imapct

amirite

I/L Turn ISIS inevitably takes over the Kurds: More Weapons = More Takeovers.

I/L Turn ISIS inevitably takes over the Kurds: More Weapons = More Takeovers.

thats my argument

ISIS will take over the kurds

so.....

no internal link turn 

thats my argument

ISIS will take over the kurds

so.....

no internal link turn

At this point I think the uniqueness for the DA overwhelms the link, because no ones gonna say: "the military is developing X so there is no way they can fight ISIS."