Coconuts

BobbyS (Aff) vs. JaredCroitoru (Neg) Ocean res (Round 3)

Ok : lets start cx:

General Question:

a)explain afrofuturism 

b)Cool with like a follow up set of question or two?

1, Where;s the real world change warrant 

2.What is your role in the movement of change 

3.On the Kanye perfomance , what role does it have within this debate

4.On the idea of the middle passage , is this where you want to keep it set at , will you defend this as the spefic starting point ?

5.Willl you defend the whole advocacy statement?

6.How are you connected to your advocacy ?

7.So onto Black masculinity - will you defend this being an impact scenario or describe this ?

8.What race do you identify as ?

9.Necropolitics , explain on this idea?

10.Onto the Curry evidence -  about the reject static notions , their is two questions 

Why is only from the Man's standpoint , and only about men?

Is Kayne uniquely key for solving ?

11.The Middle Passage underpins current western modernity – only our analysis highlights how it manifests in our current policies, ok onto this wasnt the Spainards here first ?

12.Ok on the Reid-Brinkley evidence - how does this fit into the debate ?

Cool with some follow up questions ?

And that's how you make a nice looking 1AC. 

But can't vote aff because I can't stand Kanye's music. 

Edited by RainSilves
  • Upvote 1

Ok : lets start cx:

General Question:

a)explain afrofuturism 

Afrofuturism is a movement that was born out of Afro Optimism - it is mainly science fiction, looking to the future for the best society. Society may want to make blacks "socially dead" now, but we can work towards a new society.

b)Cool with like a follow up set of question or two?

Totes

1, Where;s the real world change warrant 

I don't know what you mean by this

2.What is your role in the movement of change 

What is my role? I'd argue I need to call out White privelege whereever I see it. I think there's a good metaphor from an older Journal, called "Race Traitor."

3.On the Kanye perfomance , what role does it have within this debate

We can use Kanye West as a role model for how people should act, along with his metaphors for liberation.

4.On the idea of the middle passage , is this where you want to keep it set at , will you defend this as the spefic starting point ?

There's no specific "starting point." This is just the first thing that came to mind when me and my old partner were discussing this resolution.

5.Willl you defend the whole advocacy statement?

I will defend the entirety of the 1AC.

6.How are you connected to your advocacy ?

I'm very connected. It's a dear friend's of my piece of art, along with Kanye West, one of my role models.

7.So onto Black masculinity - will you defend this being an impact scenario or describe this ?

No, "black masculinity" is not an impact. It's a way of life, how the average black male is painted.

8.What race do you identify as ?

I identity as a white male.

9.Necropolitics , explain on this idea?

Necropolitics is literally where the government controls peoples' lives. My body is not my own, it is dictated by civil society and the state. I'm taught and expected to act "white."

10.Onto the Curry evidence -  about the reject static notions , their is two questions 

Why is only from the Man's standpoint , and only about men?

Curry is not just talking about black men, but in this specific instance, he's describing how black men are supposed to act, and why Kanye defies that.

Is Kayne uniquely key for solving ?

As of the 1AC I think Kanye is the best method for solving

11.The Middle Passage underpins current western modernity – only our analysis highlights how it manifests in our current policies, ok onto this wasnt the Spainards here first ?

Yes? I don't see how this applies. Spaniards are the original colonizers, the ones who destroyed countless civilizations, and our current cultures in places like the US are based off of this.

12.Ok on the Reid-Brinkley evidence - how does this fit into the debate ?

Not sure what you mean.

Cool with some follow up questions ?

Of course

I don't think the point of the 1AC is that someone should like the music, but the way Kanye acts and is portrayed in the media.

Edit: and thanks for the compliment!

Edited by BobbyS

When I read Afrofuturism I thought you made an Anti-Blackness aff with elements of Hauntology; which I've made myself; since there are a lot of people who've written about that - but this is cool too!

Would you mind if I judge?

Edited by Theparanoiacmachine

When I read Afrofuturism I thought you made an Anti-Blackness aff with elements of Hauntology; which I've made myself; since there are a lot of people who've written about that - but this is cool too!

Would you mind if I judge?

Yea, this is mostly practice for Jared, but I'm down.

• Upvote 1

Yea, this is mostly practice for Jared, but I'm down.

Cool, I generally don't mind what you run as long as you know what you're saying. :)

I hate ptx though, but I don't think the negative can get a link off of that 1AC <3

I can't stand your blasphemy. 

I cut the 1st curry card very similarly like three days ago. Fistbump?

I cut it the day after the book came out lol, still haven't gotten a copy though.

Fistbump!

Edited by BobbyS
  • Upvote 1

I cut it the day after the book came out lol, still haven't gotten a copy though.

HAHA, but i am dissapointed you rejected my fistbump 

1.This 1ac is cool and stuff , but where does it say this round is key ?

Every round is key, I also don't need to win sufficiency, but neccessity

2.What exactly is your impact?

Racism, which causes a lot of bad stuff

3.Does this effect your community ?

Does racism affect my community? Yea, it does.

It seems Sexton 06 will be in every middle passage aff this year.

To be fair, this was written in about 2 nights sometime last season, so it's not a lot of OC.

That, and it's a good card.

To be fair, this was written in about 2 nights sometime last season, so it's not a lot of OC.

That, and it's a good card.

Lol I don't mean that in a negative way. It's in the middle passage aff I wrote lol. Just an observation.

edit :OOPS OLD VERISON ......

new verison put up soon ..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni5aif7gwy47ip2/1nc%20bobby%20race%20only%20round.docx

1nc is up - open for cx 

btw PLEASE Critize the strat after the round - all comments are welcome!!

or if someone could delete this post..

Edited by JaredCroitoru

Interesting 1nc to say the least, if deployed the way i think you could/should, this is gonna be a great round

1. I'm really confused, how are either of the off-case mutually exclusive with the affirmative

2. Status of both?

Case

3. Where does the 1AC promote the objectivity your cards are talking about?

4. Where did the 1AC "prioritizes academic data published in peer reviewed articles over the personal testimony of people who have experienced life"

OOO

5. "Basically we see the world as a fetishized text to be decoded and debunked..." YOUR CARD ENDS "None of this should, of course, be abandoned, but I do think we’re encountering its limitations"

I'm really confused how you solve this first card, or even why it's bad to view the world as endless signifiers.

6. Does the alternative erase identity?

7. I'm really confused about what the impact is to the K, just turns case?

8. "We do not mandate action" So what the hell are we supposed to do.

Colonialism

9. I'm really confused how you solve anti-blackness. The closest you get is your cards say that it caused "racism."

1.Differing Methodologies  , and if this is going to be a perm debate , i can prove this 

2.Condo

3.Your white 

4.-This is more towards how you use the black narrative 

5.This is more towards how every rejection of this fetizh is neccesary in order to 

6.No are alternative is to embrace the Identity of everything 

7.The idea of the power struggle - firstly that is not the only turn - but the impact is also patriachy , the setences following all of it is Captialism  as well to that 

8. Your just suppose to embrace .....

9.Ok this is more towards deconstruct the decolonial identity thourgh the method of the bandit is the occurnece of how this shall occur .

- Any more ?