Payton

Baudrillard aff?

So i've been trying to make a baudrillard aff for this topic for a while now and i'm having difficulty, could anyone with potentially helpful cites linking Baudrillard to the topic post them here or PM them to me. 

P.S. If you want to help me with this aff, it would be greatly appreciated 

Also, does anyone have a PDF of The illusion of the end?

Edited by Payton

Baudrillard is a Nihilist

[Jean, Simulation and Simulacra, Pg 153, Baudrillard is a Nihilist Philosopher most famous for being the philosopher of choice for that team that got mad at the WGLF for reading the Mao K, http://www.bconradwilliams.com/files/7313/9690/1991/Baudrillard-Jean-Simulacra-And-Simulation2.pdf]

These two forms no longer concern us except in part, or not at all. The nihilism of 
transparency is no longer either aesthetic or political, no longer borrows from either the 
extermination of appearances, nor from extinguishing the embers of meaning, nor from 
the last nuances of an apocalypse. There is no longer an apocalypse (only aleatory 
terrorism still tries to reflect it, but it is certainly no longer political, and it only has one 
mode of manifestation left that is at the same time a mode of disappearance: the media - 
now the media are not a stage where something is played, they are a strip, a track, a 
perforated map of which we are no longer even spectators: receivers). The apocalypse is 
finished, today it is the precession of the neutral, of forms of the neutral and of 
indifference. I will leave it to be considered whether there can be a romanticism, an 
aesthetic of the neutral therein. I don't think so - all that remains, is the fascination for 
desertlike and indifferent forms, for the very operation of the system that annihilates us. 
Now, fascination (in contrast to seduction, which was attached to appearances, and to 
dialectical reason, which was attached to meaning) is a nihilistic passion par excellence, it 
is the passion proper to the mode of disappearance. We are fascinated by all forms of 
disappearance, of our disappearance. Melancholic and fascinated, such is our general 
situation in an era of involuntary transparency. 
I am a nihilist. 

Now just insert a generic "Nihilism Bad" card. Ask your LDers if they have one... I bet they do. 
Edited by RainSilves

[Jean, Simulation and Simulacra, Pg 153, Baudrillard is a Nihilist Philosopher most famous for being the philosopher of choice for that team that got mad at the WGLF for reading the Mao K, http://www.bconradwilliams.com/files/7313/9690/1991/Baudrillard-Jean-Simulacra-And-Simulation2.pdf]

These two forms no longer concern us except in part, or not at all. The nihilism of 
transparency is no longer either aesthetic or political, no longer borrows from either the 
extermination of appearances, nor from extinguishing the embers of meaning, nor from 
the last nuances of an apocalypse. There is no longer an apocalypse (only aleatory 
terrorism still tries to reflect it, but it is certainly no longer political, and it only has one 
mode of manifestation left that is at the same time a mode of disappearance: the media - 
now the media are not a stage where something is played, they are a strip, a track, a 
perforated map of which we are no longer even spectators: receivers). The apocalypse is 
finished, today it is the precession of the neutral, of forms of the neutral and of 
indifference. I will leave it to be considered whether there can be a romanticism, an 
aesthetic of the neutral therein. I don't think so - all that remains, is the fascination for 
desertlike and indifferent forms, for the very operation of the system that annihilates us. 
Now, fascination (in contrast to seduction, which was attached to appearances, and to 
dialectical reason, which was attached to meaning) is a nihilistic passion par excellence, it 
is the passion proper to the mode of disappearance. We are fascinated by all forms of 
disappearance, of our disappearance. Melancholic and fascinated, such is our general 
situation in an era of involuntary transparency. 
I am a nihilist. 

Now just insert a generic "Nihilism Bad" card. Ask your LDers if they have one... I bet they do. 

Pls don't do this. Anybody who is decent at running Baudrillard will be able to either link out of generic nihilism bad arguments or just make you look foolish for not even addressing the actual argument.

Pls don't do this. Anybody who is decent at running Baudrillard will be able to either link out of generic nihilism bad arguments or just make you look foolish for not even addressing the actual argument.

I swear that I won the TOC with this exact card. 

Also, the cutting is top quality amiright?

Edited by RainSilves

I don't think most teams will no link out of nihilism bad, they'll probe just impact turn it. If the alt is suicide/terrorism if you win impact calc and win alt solvency, then that effectively slays nihilism bad IME

Okay, we need to get Snarf to run a Baudrillard aff, I want you to use this card against it, so I can see how it plays out.