pinetreedebater

Possible DA list

I know our camp made a Business Confidence DA which I thought was interesting.

Politics... again. Thanks NFL for making another topic with no good reliable DA ground. I bet all those people in lay districts just LOVE being on neg. 

• Upvote 1

I've never heard if it, what does it say?

Business Confidence talks about how when the government intervenes in the ocean businesses lose confidence because the government interventions usually messes industries up, Business confidence is key to economy, Royal 10. I wasn't in the group that cut this but running it during the camp tournament was pretty successful and goes along with the Privatization CP.

• Upvote 1

Business Confidence talks about how when the government intervenes in the ocean businesses lose confidence because the government interventions usually messes industries up, Business confidence is key to economy, Royal 10. I wasn't in the group that cut this but running it during the camp tournament was pretty successful and goes along with the Privatization CP.

Just to add to Solax10s correct post, in past years the link story on BizCon is that whenever the USFG starts picking winners & losers in a competitive market (ie, they give subsidies to one form of alternative energy over another form), business tends to get cold feet and withhold their investment capital...after all, who can afford to go up against the limitless resources of the USFG? Hopefully that gives you some idea of the kinds of cases where you can run this one. Its a Golden Oldie disad, but it benefits from being a believable scenario.

Edited by DeCoach
  • Upvote 2

Politics... again. Thanks NFL for making another topic with no good reliable DA ground. I bet all those people in lay districts just LOVE being on neg. 

As somebody who debates in Northern Nevada you have no idea. The neg can give a great 2NR but then the aff just goes up there and says "no they're wrong. We still solve for *insert still standing advantage here* No matter how good the neg is the lay judge always thinks the same thing after every 2AR "yeah that sounded about right!" 

Edited by carlaramazan

The main ones for the year will be:

• Politics (Multiple scenarios: Syria, Immigration bill, NSA reform, etc.)
  • Midterms
  • Tradeoff DA (Space, NOAA, etc.)
  • Environmental DA
  • Federalism DA (Common Net Benefit for the States CP)
  • Oil DA (Powerful argument for any plan involving renewables displacing oil- OTEC, Wave power, Wind Power)
  • Russia and China SOI DA
  • And of course the DA that will forever be in debate... Spending DA

Hope this gives you a good idea of DA (the limited) ground for the year :)

• Upvote 1