ktg

DEBATE COACH NEEDED

My name is katie gravel and I'm going to be a sophomore  at Newburgh Free Academy in Newburgh,NY. Newburgh is 60 miles north of manhattan and is a very diverse city. We're a small debate team and haven't had much success in the past years, and our coach is unfortunately leaving us. She was just offered the job of head coach at Lexington. I was hoping there would be someone interested that could coach both LD and Policy. I don't know what my district's willing to offer yet or what their thoughts on the situation even are but please PM me if you think you could be interested.

​ik this isn't the right forum but we are desperate

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

you already posted this...

Nope pretty sure I posted this actually...

Also, just trying our best to find a coach so we're able to have a debate team. I don't think it should be a problem if two people post about it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Was I the only one confused upon seeing "thread posted by ktg" for a second? Anyway, this should probably be merged with the other thread or moved to the Coaching section.

• Upvote 6

Nope pretty sure I posted this actually...

Also, just trying our best to find a coach so we're able to have a debate team. I don't think it should be a problem if two people post about it.

thats k, people just kinda get irked when they see two identical topics.  best of luck to you in your search!

• Upvote 2

Well, I just graduated HS and have a pretty good debate record (at least at the state level) so if you're willing to pay an 18 y/o like, 50k a year + 401k, medical, dental, and in home maid, I'd do it. I'd be enrolled in a local college at the same time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, I just graduated HS and have a pretty good debate record (at least at the state level) so if you're willing to pay an 18 y/o like, 50k a year + 401k, medical, dental, and in home maid, I'd do it. I'd be enrolled in a local college at the same time. 

I'm in the same boat. Minus the in home maid anyways.

I'm a Juris Doctor candidate at the University of Florida. If you need free coaching help in the interim, private message me and I'll help you set up your program.

• Upvote 4

I'm a Juris Doctor candidate at the University of Florida. If you need free coaching help in the interim, private message me and I'll help you set up your program.

definitely not qualified. I don't see "debate coach" written in this resume.

• Upvote 5

definitely not qualified. I don't see "debate coach" written in this resume.

Sorry. I'm *also* a debate coach at Lake Highland Preparatory HS in Florida.

• Upvote 3

Sorry. I'm *also* a debate coach at Lake Highland Preparatory HS in Florida.

This is the internet...how do we know you're not lying? We'll need some documentation, your SSN, and credit card number first.

Edited by SnarkosaurusRex

Sure! There's this cool filter on cross-x that prevents you from posting SSN and credit cards. Watch

SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx

Credit Card: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx security code xxx

Everyone try posting yours to see if the filter works for you!

• Upvote 8

sorry i was a little snarky. this forum is sort of small so you kind of see every new thread on the little sidebar on the homepage if you're a regular here.

also, on topic, i can't coach or anything, but if your team ever needs any kind of help or support or has any questions or whatever, feel free to send me a PM, and always feel welcome to post on the forums. there's a ton of debaters here that will be able to help you.

edit: also, call up some schools nearby and see if they have debate teams that maybe your kids can sort of co-opt with in order to attend tournaments and get coaching. i think that bronx science did something like this (not entirely sure)

Edited by georgebushsdogpaintings

sorry i was a little snarky. this forum is sort of small so you kind of see every new thread on the little sidebar on the homepage if you're a regular here.

also, on topic, i can't coach or anything, but if your team ever needs any kind of help or support or has any questions or whatever, feel free to send me a PM, and always feel welcome to post on the forums. there's a ton of debaters here that will be able to help you.

edit: also, call up some schools nearby and see if they have debate teams that maybe your kids can sort of co-opt with in order to attend tournaments and get coaching. i think that bronx science did something like this (not entirely sure)

Pshhhhhh- the cross-x master race uses the sort new content feed.

I haven't looked at the homepage of this site in months.

• Upvote 2

Sure! There's this cool filter on cross-x that prevents you from posting SSN and credit cards. Watch

SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx

Credit Card: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx security code xxx

Everyone try posting yours to see if the filter works for you!

SSN: 420-69-1337

is it working for me? 

• Upvote 4

Hey Katie! I told Fonzie the same thing but if you ever need help with your novices or need someone to judge novvie practice rounds I could do so over Skype :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey Katie! I told Fonzie the same thing but if you ever need help with your novices or need someone to judge novvie practice rounds I could do so over Skype :)

THANK HANNA

• Upvote 1