I'll be attending the UTNIF Skills Intensive Session 2 starting next week, and I was just wondering who else will be there/who has been and what your experience was like. Thanks.

I personally haven't attended UTNIF, but one of my debaters is attending the session right now and said he's enjoy most of the experience. He said dorms are okay, despite the showers not running sometimes, lab leaders are top notch, and practice debates are done nearly everyday to supplement lectures. But, to be honest, it doesn't matter what camp you go to, it matters how well you take advantage of the resources available there.

• Upvote 2

I was TRI session 2 last year, it's awesome. You'll have a great time! Be sure to keep up with lab leaders outside of class and lectures, you'll have tons of opportunities to do rebuttal re-dos in the morning and at night, plus the staff is great anyway.

• Upvote 1

Don't forget to bring paper to take notes on--lab leaders may/may not let you take notes on your laptop so it'd be best to bring paper just in case

• Upvote 1

Don't forget to bring paper to take notes on--lab leaders may/may not let you take notes on your laptop so it'd be best to bring paper just in case

What's the problem with notes on a laptop?

What's the problem with notes on a laptop?

No idea. I have a friend at the 6 week UTNIF and she said to bring both, so I would just to be safe

• Upvote 1

No idea. I have a friend at the 6 week UTNIF and she said to bring both, so I would just to be safe

When I was at MNDI we got this huge thing about how laptops are distractions, and people are on Facebook instead of taking notes, and all that jazz.

• Upvote 1