What is the Namoadic war machine?

In the overview you said that you practice Nomadology, but in crossx you said your methods aren’t static. So why does voting aff guarantee accessing this method?

Under solvency your first subpoint says that the aff, “results in a positive deterritorialization.†If you can’t control the affs, “infinite possibilities†how do you know what it will result in?

So you said that one particular mode of resistance alone won’t work, then talked about non-debate related modes of resistance. Two part question. 1. Are the other methods/actions you advocate things that occur outside the debate space. 2. If the answer was yes, how does voting aff ensure that these external events occur? If the answer to #1 was no, why cite occupying Wall street as an example?

You said no aff condo, but I thought that there were an infinite amount of possibilities for your uncontrollable aff. what prevents an aff ballot from endorsing a method of resistance that you haven’t talked about?

How does voting aff grant solvency?

If an aff ballot is key to solve, then as of the 2Ac you don’t have solvency right? Because you don’t have the ballot right now.

You say identity is fluid then talk about how you experienced a delightful change in neg strats #Kforlife. How can someone experiencing racial violence kick out of his or her race?

Uhh when did I claim the role of he oppressed? That sounds kinda messed up.

- The nomadic war machine is essentially a group w/o hierarchies always fighting against the state 

In the overview you said that you practice Nomadology, but in crossx you said your methods aren’t static. So why does voting aff guarantee accessing this method?

- Nomadology doesn't entail a single method of resistance, it's contextual to the situation/oppression 

Under solvency your first subpoint says that the aff, “results in a positive deterritorialization.†If you can’t control the affs, “infinite possibilities†how do you know what it will result in?

-Because of the technique we use (i.e. gradually dislodging from the strata.), when you refer to the potential negative or destructive possibilities, you're referring to a negative deterritorialization (i.e. one that retains static identity/methodology)

So you said that one particular mode of resistance alone won’t work, then talked about non-debate related modes of resistance. Two part question. 1. Are the other methods/actions you advocate things that CAN occur outside the debate space. 2. If the answer was yes, how does voting aff ensure that these external events occur? If the answer to #1 was no, why cite occupying Wall street as an example?

- 1.  We aren't necessarily advocating them but its just an example. Yes, they occur outside of the debate space.  2. Because it continues the revolution, and helps to provide a different perspective on power relations/protest. Also, via things like the power of speech, several people hear about the aff and then they can run affs like it, or it could inspire them to do things like protest molar fascism. And also, nothing differentiates the debate space from the rest of the world, if we throw a protest rally then it'll gain coverage in some shape or form and people could stand in solidarity w/ us. 

You said no aff condo, but I thought that there were an infinite amount of possibilities for your uncontrollable aff. what prevents an aff ballot from endorsing a method of resistance that you haven’t talked about?

-  Those were just examples of potential action, not ones we guarantee we'll use (other than debate of course). And we still stick to the method of resistance presented in the 1ac - a strategy of assemblage. 

- because every revolution needs people, an aff ballot is the equivalent of standing in solidarity w/ the aff, as such, the more aff ballots = more revolutionary power to combat hierarchies which is the point of the 1ac

If an aff ballot is key to solve, then as of the 2Ac you don’t have solvency right? Because you don’t have the ballot right now.

- Actually i do have solvency, i've won a couple rounds on this aff already and with the spillover from it, it contributes to solving

You say identity is fluid then talk about how you experienced a delightful change in neg strats #Kforlife. How can someone experiencing racial violence kick out of his or her race?

- We aren't saying you can change your race, but, what we're arguing is that we can help to break down the hierarchies that attach stigma to race, gender, sexuality and any other modes of existence that aren't within normative concepts. 

- Maybe this wasn't worded as eloquently as it should've been, it's more of an argument that you and your authors can't claim to speak with neutrality because even though you/they might be socially disenfranchised, you may think w/ the same mentality as the Eurocentric people(s) you criticize. 

new stuff's underlined

- The nomadic war machine is essentially a group w/o hierarchies always fighting against the state 

- Nomadology doesn't entail a single method of resistance, it's contextual to the situation/oppression 

Do you know what form of action would be taken in each context?

-Because of the technique we use (i.e. gradually dislodging from the strata.), when you refer to the potential negative or destructive possibilities, you're referring to a negative deterritorialization (i.e. one that retains static identity/methodology)

no. you literally said that the aff cannot be controlled. now you say it can, and that it would result in positive deterritorialization. what difference does your technique make if you can't control how it's used?

So you said that one particular mode of resistance alone won’t work, then talked about non-debate related modes of resistance. Two part question. 1. Are the other methods/actions you advocate things that CAN occur outside the debate space. 2. If the answer was yes, how does voting aff ensure that these external events occur? If the answer to #1 was no, why cite occupying Wall street as an example?

- 1.  We aren't necessarily advocating them but its just an example. Yes, they occur outside of the debate space.  2. Because it continues the revolution, and helps to provide a different perspective on power relations/protest. Also, via things like the power of speech, several people hear about the aff and then they can run affs like it, or it could inspire them to do things like protest molar fascism. And also, nothing differentiates the debate space from the rest of the world, if we throw a protest rally then it'll gain coverage in some shape or form and people could stand in solidarity w/ us. 

So why didn't occupy wall street work? it was a protest rally. it did gain coverage and people stood in solidarity with it. 

-  Those were just examples of potential action, not ones we guarantee we'll use (other than debate of course). And we still stick to the method of resistance presented in the 1ac - a strategy of assemblage. 

What? this makes no sense. you say that the 1AC was examples of what the methods COULD look like, and that there is absolutely 0 guarantee that they would be the end result, then say that you stick to them…… explain please.

- because every revolution needs people, an aff ballot is the equivalent of standing in solidarity w/ the aff, as such, the more aff ballots = more revolutionary power to combat hierarchies which is the point of the 1ac

- Actually i do have solvency, i've won a couple rounds on this aff already and with the spillover from it, it contributes to solving

A. so why is this round key?

B. so the aff has won more than one round already. haven't you already accessed solvency? how many ballots do you need to solve?

C. can you solve without the ballot?

- We aren't saying you can change your race, but, what we're arguing is that we can help to break down the hierarchies that attach stigma to race, gender, sexuality and any other modes of existence that aren't within normative concepts. 

How does your method break down these hierarchies? the entire 1AC seemed to be posed as a resistance against the state, not against individuals. 

So you break down these hierarchies via your resistance to the state? what about hierarchies that aren't related to the State as we know it like, say, religious caste systems?

- Maybe this wasn't worded as eloquently as it should've been, it's more of an argument that you and your authors can't claim to speak with neutrality because even though you/they might be socially disenfranchised, you may think w/ the same mentality as the Eurocentric people(s) you criticize. 

In what way was the analysis/mentality of the 1NC eurocentric? if it wasn't, why do you get to just assert, without inclination, that it is eurocentric?

Do you know what form of action would be taken in each context?

- If you can present me with a specific thing to resist, then I can provide several potential paths of resistance.

no. you literally said that the aff cannot be controlled. now you say it can, and that it would result in positive deterritorialization. what difference does your technique make if you can't control how it's used?

- Our argument is that it can't be controlled in that it doesn't constantly use the same method to resist everything at all times. It's relevant because if you destratify too quickly, you recreate the squo 

So why didn't occupy wall street work? it was a protest rally. it did gain coverage and people stood in solidarity with it. 

- What defines solving and not solving, these people fought against a system they disliked and now they live differently because of it. But by normative standards, because they treated it like the end all be all to fight capitalism, as opposed to just a method to fight cap in this specific instance. 

What? this makes no sense. you say that the 1AC was examples of what the methods COULD look like, and that there is absolutely 0 guarantee that they would be the end result, then say that you stick to them…… explain please.

What we're saying here is that we'll advocate our strategy of assemblage. which means that we change our method of resistance depending on the context . 

A. so why is this round key?

- Every round is key 

B. so the aff has won more than one round already. haven't you already accessed solvency? how many ballots do you need to solve?

- We're currently accessing solvency, the more people adds power to the revolution. Each individual ballot begins to solve for that individual judge, so the best answer i can give is more ballots. 

C. can you solve without the ballot?

- No, the ballot = interest convergence, it's key because for this method of resistance, the ballot is the ONLY way participate in the movement 

How does your method break down these hierarchies? the entire 1AC seemed to be posed as a resistance against the state, not against individuals. 

- True. But the state as presented by the aff, is representative of hierarchical practices not just a govt. entity 

So you break down these hierarchies via your resistance to the state? what about hierarchies that aren't related to the State as we know it like, say, religious caste systems?

- Cross-apply analysis from above. 

In what way was the analysis/mentality of the 1NC eurocentric? if it wasn't, why do you get to just assert, without inclination, that it is eurocentric?

-  Again, sorry for any potential lack of eloquence, but what we mean is, that opposed to the "West is best and no one else matters" ideology of Eurocentrism, we're saying that you create a rhetoric of "If it's from the West, it's automatically bad and wrong and I hate it."

• Upvote 1

just one more follow up for crossx

about that last answer- what line of the 1NC indicated that social location determines whether or not something is eurocentric?

i'll probably have the 2NC up tomorrow. don't know when though.

It is important here to distinguish the “epistemic location†from the “social location.†The fact that one is socially located in the oppressed side of power relations, does not automatically mean that he/she is epistemically thinking from a subaltern epistemic location. Precisely, the success of the modern/colonial world-system consist in making subjects that are socially located in the oppressed side of the colonial difference, to think epistemically like the ones on the dominant positions. 

That's from your second Grosfoquel 2007 card 

Also, take as much time as you need

Edited by payton

1. What is the alternative on ableism?

2. How do we exclude people from our movement 

Solvency 

1. How is anything i DnG's theory anti-"woman" or anti-"female"

2. What is a woman 

• Upvote 1