This is the improved version of the DnG aff I posted in the critiques section. Feldsy if you're still up to be neg, go for it. if he's not, i REALLY need someone to go neg against this. Anyone willing to judge please do so if the previous judges are unwilling to, also anyone judging could you please post paradigms. (I don't want the neg to lose because you hate framework, and I don't want to lose because i go for theory or something.

P.S. i took down the edited version to keep myself from using the updated case as answers to the 1nc/block, here's the original 1ac, sorry about the confusion 

- Thanks,
Payton

Edited by payton

Here's the original CX, if it changes/has to start over, i definitely understand 

How is multiplicity inherent to the ocean

- Because the ocean, in its origin was a smooth space filled w/ multiplicities

What is a plane of consistency?

- essentially a "flat" ontological plane where everything is equal 

Why does that plane solve all world problems?

- What constitutes a problem? 

So the state is always gunna want violence and nothing else?

- To say the state wants nothing but violence is reductionist, but the state is violent, it takes complete control over our lives or as its' cited in the 1ac fasism

What are molar and non-molar beings?

- Molar beings are beings like the state, large entities that overlook the small components that make them up 

- Non-molar beings (or molecular beings) are individuals (if you can call them that), essentially, just assemblages that reject hierarchies/large organizations

if you don't "instantaneously divorce ourselves from the organism of sedentary society" why can't you run this as a T aff?

- because normative concepts of ocean development/exploration constrain the ocean and use it as a method to control te people on land more completely (i.e. you drill for oil so you can sell it on land which controls people via cap) 

Is the ocean territrorialized or detteriorlized in the squo (sorry for the spelling)?

- spellings all good, DnG make up new words so if you can't spell it, its cool, you have no idea how many times i had to check tags for errors

- the ocean is simultaneously being territorialized by the state, whilst (negatively) deterritorialized by cap

Possible follow ups

wow that tumino link is like, sooo good 

Its almost like i found it for you

• Upvote 1

I'd still like to judge, if that's alright.

Paradigm:  I'll vote for anything that doesn't involve timecubes, Lanza, or alien space cults.  Theory and framework args are fine, but fairness is a bad impact.

- Cap 

1. What do you consider capitalism 

2. How am i focused on discourse 

3. What is revolutionary theory 

- Cede the political 

1. What is politics 

2. What is an authoritarian 

3. What does it mean to challenge hegemonic orders from within 

- Case 

1. What are human rights 

2. What is the impact to HR vios 

3. What is the state 

-10 speaks for formatting 

the 1AC's  underlined text isn't bolded and you underlined tags 

• Upvote 1

-10 speaks for formatting 

the 1AC's  underlined text isn't bolded and you underlined tags

But I tried so hard...why RainSilves why

Where'd the 1AC go?

I'm willing to judge, but I need to be able to read the 1AC xP.  (Have not read the 1NC yet either)

Quick Paradigm summary:

-I'm pretty sure this round is going to be off-the-policy-tracks from the start, so treat me as ~tabula rasa, because I probably end up there.  :P

-I do expect kritiks to have an alternative which is imaginable.  That is, the alternative must be only a single world, not a potentiality of many worlds.  This may apply to case as well, if case is a kritik.

-I'm not hostile to framework or topicality.  (I'm only hostile to theory if its poorly explained.  If your theory answers are still blippy by rebuttals, you're probably not winning the round on it).

-Arguments which do not make sense or are incomplete will not be evaluated.

Edited by Squirrelloid

Ill judge.

Im cool with anything. This year ive gone for Baudrillard, death good, T, and have a basic understanding of a lot of different critical literature.

I don't think you need an alternative if you win the representations, discourse etc of the 1ac is bad and should not be endorsed.

- Cap 

1. What do you consider capitalism 

An economic system where the the means of production are owned by financiers and executives, not the workers.  Also where property rights are protected.  And free enterprise is a thing

2. How am i focused on discourse 

That's not really the link-its more about how you focus on individuality and misunderstand the root of oppression.  Anyway, you try to resist oppression by discursively constituting the ocean as a "smooth space' that represents a site of resistance.  Focusing on the discourse of "smooth space" vs. "striated space" ignores more significant material factors

3. What is revolutionary theory 

Historical materialism: i.e. analyzing history/oppression through the lens of economics and labor divisions

- Cede the political 

1. What is politics In a certain sense, politics is essentially all interactions between human beings.  I'm arguing that engaging macro-politics is good and stuff

2. What is an authoritarian Hitler,Stalin, Reagan: People who exert massive control over citizens lives and where citizens have little voice in politics.  Liberal democracy may not be perfect, but its better than corporate fascism

3. What does it mean to challenge hegemonic orders from within Something similar to Habermas's concept of a deliberative democracy:  Where citizens fight and lobby for policies that benefit those who are underprivileged and not already rich/in power.  Successful example would be progressive era

- Case 

1. What are human rights 1. i don't defend anthropocentric language in the warrant of cards 2. Things like freedom of speech, or freedom of assembly that ensure a basic degree of freedom an dignity 

2. What is the impact to HR vios The ability to live your life with enough freedom from external threats that you can explore human  becoming beyond mere survival

3. What is the state  A political organization that controls the creates and enforces law and attempts to distribute public goods

lol Barbrook 98. 

fixed

Edited by feldsy

Ill still judge this round - i love this aff so far out of curiousity - neg strat is a cool one too .

My pardigm : Everything is a good arguement - Im very Tab- just win the arguements as a collective , and make it make sense ... 

K:Just win at least Link and Impact Level - Especially on Cap - Alt for this one really doesnt hurt you - just my opnion- 

• Upvote 2

2ac

Son, you need commas.

Also, on CTP, I won't say much before the round ends but DnG affs generally have a way they can interact with these arguments that some other kinds of K can't and there was an opportunity here that wasn't seized in my opinion.

Edited by SnarkosaurusRex

1. Sorry on the grammar

2. I actually timed this like a real round (8 mins of prep, 8 mins for 2ac, etc.)  so i couldn't really deploy my best args as i ran out of time (explains why i'm the 1a) 

3. After this, would you like to go neg against this as i really like hitting people who understand what im running (Not to say Feldsy doesn't, i'm pretty sure he does, its just hitting as many people as possible should up my skills) (Challenge was not meant to be confrontational/dickish, i just really need to test this aff as much as possible precamp/preseason)

I might. I'm supposed to be getting my research assignments from my new college coach(es?) so if I get it soon (not really clear on when I'm being assigned it, apparently it was supposed to have been today or yesterday but idk since I've never met them yet how they operate) so if I get that within a few days I'll be busy.

Tell you what, if I don't get word by Tuesday I'll go neg until I do get assigned.

*Barring any spontaneous **** that may or may not come up like raptor attacks.

Edited by SnarkosaurusRex
  • Upvote 1

*Barring any spontaneous **** that may or may not come up like raptor attacks.

What?  You're so lucky!  I ALWAYS am attacked by raptors.

• Upvote 1

What?  You're so lucky!  I ALWAYS am attacked by raptors.

Okay, well it's late Tuesday and I haven't got any assignments yet and I've suddenly found myself single again so I've got literally nothing but time. Just start a new thread when you're ready (idk if you need to make revisions or not).

Okay, well it's late Tuesday and I haven't got any assignments yet and I've suddenly found myself single again so I've got literally nothing but time. Just start a new thread when you're ready (idk if you need to make revisions or not).

What.  Are you talking to me cause I don't know what you're talking about...

1. New thread posted 

2. This thread is STILL OPEN if Feldsy wants to continue 

3. Anyone spectating/Judging please refer to the other threads as well, i would appreciate comments from all of you as I need to improve every aspect of this aff. (Whether it's too jargon heavy throughout the round, bad cards, good cards, bad use of good cards, etc.)

4. Thanks to everyone 

I'll have the 2nc up soon... Finals and stuff have been in the way.  I've also made like 3 different versions of th 2nc lol

• Upvote 2