yolo

Heidegger/Tech bad Ans

Everyone is talking about running DnG (nomadic args), anthro, and Heideggarian tech bad ev Ks next year. 

Is the generic answer file to using tools to advance the capabilities to the human race just going to be Baudy prioritizing self to self reels over self to nature? Can people just throw out some new ideas for answers to these individually?

*Disclaimer: I know these Ks aren't carbon-copies of each other

Everyone is talking about running DnG (nomadic args), anthro, and Heideggarian tech bad ev Ks next year. 

Is the generic answer file to using tools to advance the capabilities to the human race just going to be Baudy prioritizing self to self reels over self to nature? Can people just throw out some new ideas for answers to these individually?

*Disclaimer: I know these Ks aren't carbon-copies of each other

There's probably a turns-case component in most kritiks (I don't do the 'Degger or Anthro, but there is in Deleuze's writing) that argues such epistemologies are self-defeating by nature and therefore net bad for the thing they're trying to achieve. For example, Deleuze would argue that the limits prescribed by arborescent knowledge production obscure potential solutions and ideas that might actually make the world better. For example, taking the idea "humans are greedy" as a starting point may make solutions to capitalism impossible, though potential solutions exist. With respect to tech, you could argue that their evidence relies on the presumption that tech advancement is per se good, rather than a tool of increasing power subject to manipulation. Nuclear fission gave us nuclear energy (probably mostly good) and nuclear weapons (probably mostly bad). 

• Upvote 2

There's probably a turns-case component in most kritiks (I don't do the 'Degger or Anthro, but there is in Deleuze's writing) that argues such epistemologies are self-defeating by nature and therefore net bad for the thing they're trying to achieve. For example, Deleuze would argue that the limits prescribed by arborescent knowledge production obscure potential solutions and ideas that might actually make the world better. For example, taking the idea "humans are greedy" as a starting point may make solutions to capitalism impossible, though potential solutions exist. With respect to tech, you could argue that their evidence relies on the presumption that tech advancement is per se good, rather than a tool of increasing power subject to manipulation. Nuclear fission gave us nuclear energy (probably mostly good) and nuclear weapons (probably mostly bad). 

Yeah that was my default. Im digging through some old throw-back files its unreal.

• Upvote 1

You're forgetting the best turn to a tech bad K there is: Wipeout. 

Because you can just use there link that tech = extinction and say that's good because it prevents us from blowing up the universe o/w's on util. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're forgetting the best turn to a tech bad K there is: Wipeout. 

Because you can just use there link that tech = extinction and say that's good because it prevents us from blowing up the universe o/w's on util. 

lol I wouldn't say wipeout is the best turn to this, but I like the idea!