Shaws

Biopower and Heidegger?

So I have been wondering for next years topic, can I run Biopower and Heidegger? 

I really like biopower and I was wondering if it conflicts.

I also really want to know what else can be ran with the K.

It depends on what aspect of Heidegger you talk about. I mean, I have a card that uses Heideggerian thought to establish why the security state is bad and it relates to biopower decently, but if you're talking about how his work is applied to Cylons or whatever then there really isn't much of a connection.

It depends on the author, but they probably don't contradict depending on your author. For example, reading Judith Butler biopower, which advocates reform, would probably contradict with Ladelle McWhorter's writings on doing nothing and thinking ecologically or whatever she calls it, lol.  

Agamben is a good start

I Really like Foucaults concept of Biopower. He is who I have been reading lately. 

Do you want to run a Biopower K with Heidegger args, or do you want to run multiple off, one being Heidegger and one being Biopower?

Uhh Im thinking of running them as two separate offs but that seems like a better idea together. Is that possilbe?

It depends on the author, but they probably don't contradict depending on your author. For example, reading Judith Butler biopower, which advocates reform, would probably contradict with Ladelle McWhorter's writings on doing nothing and thinking ecologically or whatever she calls it, lol.  

Does Foucault contradict with Heidegger writings? 

When you ask if Foucault contradicts Heidegger, they both write about a lot of stuff. I'm assuming that the relevant part of Foucault's work here is biopower, but how do you intend to use Heiddeger to supplement this? The specific arguments you pull out will be what determines if they are contradictory or not.

Agamben is an extension of Foucault AFAIK.