ivstinivs

Cuban Tech cards?

Hi! We're trying to develop a case of our own for nationals, and we were wondering if we could find a solvency link for an embargo aff that says that the embargo cuts technical resources (hardware/software alike) from Cuba. Preferably reverse causal, but anything related to Cuban access to tech is good. A tech leadership card would also be great.

Thanks!

Hi! We're trying to develop a case of our own for nationals, and we were wondering if we could find a solvency link for an embargo aff that says that the embargo cuts technical resources (hardware/software alike) from Cuba. Preferably reverse causal, but anything related to Cuban access to tech is good. A tech leadership card would also be great.

Thanks!

Um....

On a serious note, what advantage are you trying to solve by giving the Cubans computers?

Um....

On a serious note, what advantage are you trying to solve by giving the Cubans computers?

I wouldn't run a new aff, especially this one at nationals.  Some simple neg attacks:

• No solvency- Cuban gov't restricts Cuban technology access/computer use (empirics show- Cuban Twitter & Radio Marti).  The gov't is the root of the problem.  No matter how many phones/computers Cuba has, if the gov't continues to restrict internet, computers, etc, it can't get to the people.
  • Not going to be able to send the computers to Cuban private businesses, it'll go to the regime, and entrench them with money/expensive goods.  The regime uses $ to jail political prisoners and also intentionally starves its people.

I wouldn't run a new aff, especially this one at nationals.  Some simple neg attacks:

• No solvency- Cuban gov't restricts Cuban technology access/computer use (empirics show- Cuban Twitter & Radio Marti).  The gov't is the root of the problem.  No matter how many phones/computers Cuba has, if the gov't continues to restrict internet, computers, etc, it can't get to the people.
  • Not going to be able to send the computers to Cuban private businesses, it'll go to the regime, and entrench them with money/expensive goods.  The regime uses $ to jail political prisoners and also intentionally starves its people.

Slightly confused on why you quoted me.

Um....

democracy

U.N leadership

Econ

human rights

free speech

NDI released an ICT aff like this

What's bad about running new affs?