Yeah, but you made that the role of the ballot out of a desire to win the round.  A true Buddhist would concede the round for the opportunity to enlighten the other participants instead of having a competitive debate.

FW yo, just be like winning doesn't matter, if we lose, we lose, but the round should be about talking about Buddhism and explaining how the aff is buddhist. I mean you can do whatever but a true Buddhist would concede unless the debate has the potential to spread Buddhist thinking and such. Like if you emphasize how the round isn't about winning but about spiritual conversation you could. But that's a hella lot of framework and ROB 

• Upvote 1

FW yo, just be like winning doesn't matter, if we lose, we lose, but the round should be about talking about Buddhism and explaining how the aff is buddhist. I mean you can do whatever but a true Buddhist would concede unless the debate has the potential to spread Buddhist thinking and such. Like if you emphasize how the round isn't about winning but about spiritual conversation you could. But that's a hella lot of framework and ROB 

One of our top answers to the Buddhism K is 'we'll offer to instead spend the round's time learning about Buddhism if they concede the debate', which pretty much kills any Buddhism RoB you can imagine.

Also, ethos - the reason for doing all that RoB work is clearly to win the round.  You really can't complain about this kind of double bind after you put yourself in it - Buddhism is not a philosophy that's pro-competitive activities.

• Upvote 4

What's with B-Ville kids and Heidegger?

• Upvote 2

Someone get DML in here on the buddhism question.

As for the Heidegger aff, a Heideggerian framework would probably criticize the word "resolved" on a fundamental level. It's definitely doable, there is a good freely available Heidegger aff both on the v debate forum from the space topic and also a camp one from the energy topic way back. You might have a hard time answering "why don't you read this on neg" but the answer to that would depend on how your choose to run this aff.

Idk, I love Heidegger Ks, I have a hard time seeing them as affs. It's always doable, just tricky.

• Upvote 2

Just run dolphins again, its still topical.

Edited by MrFudgeFox
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

One of our top answers to the Buddhism K is 'we'll offer to instead spend the round's time learning about Buddhism if they concede the debate', which pretty much kills any Buddhism RoB you can imagine.

That's gotta be so funny to watch the other team's response to that. Even better if you don't spread that sentence and then look to the opponent's for a response lol 

.... Really this kinda shows how like the lit , and the interpation really does differ ..... 

Buddhism can be ran multiple ways - literally i hate giving away a strat but - sorry about this but Buddhism K can be tied in and go in and talk about ethics and so much more - what type of mod of buddhism 

Does anybody have some good ideas for Heidegger affs next year? Like possible plan texts?

I'm willing to trade my Heidegger k-aff from the Transportation topic that can be easily morphed to fit this one, pm me with an offer if you're interested