Sign in to follow this  
amitpop

Debating at Vanderbilt

Hey everyone,

My name is Amit and I'm currently a rising senior at Vanderbilt. I've been pretty detached from the high school community this year, but I wanted to ask and see if any of y'all are coming to Vandy in the fall and are interested in debate. We have a pretty competitive program and have traveled to every national tournament and a variety of regional ones in the past with no sign of changing. We had a first-round a couple of years ago and had a team at the NDT this past year, so we'd love some first-years to help the team grow.

If any of you will be attending Vandy or if you know someone who is, please feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks,

Amit

• Upvote 4

I'll play my cards here.

Hey, everyone. My name is ---, and I'm also currently a rising senior at Vanderbilt as well as a personal friend of Amit. Vanderbilt's debate program has been really amazing for me, someone who came in with no high school experience, and we're always looking to welcome more people.

Everything that Amit said is true in my opinion, and we'd love it if our team could grow. If anyone has questions, I'm sure that we'd be more than willing to answer them and hopefully get a couple of people interested in our program.

Edited by Phantom707
  • Upvote 2

I'll play my cards here.

Hey, everyone. My name is Arneal, and I'm also currently a rising senior at Vanderbilt as well as a personal friend of Amit. Vanderbilt's debate program has been really amazing for me, someone who came in with no high school experience, and we're always looking to welcome more people.

Everything that Amit said is true in my opinion, and we'd love it if our team could grow. If anyone has questions, I'm sure that we'd be more than willing to answer them and hopefully get a couple of people interested in our program.

Phantom quick cover up your secret identity before people see

• Upvote 1

Phantom quick cover up your secret identity before people see

crab-by-day-batman-by-night.jpg

Since Amit and I have been getting this question a bit, I feel like I should post here.

Vanderbilt University doesn't currently have a debate scholarship, but we are in the works to try to get one set up. However, we are unsure of if/when that would happen.

The good news, however, is that for the most part, you don't even need a scholarship to be able to afford Vanderbilt. The financial aid system here is said to be one of the best in the country, and we make sure that students are able to afford to attend WITHOUT having to take out any student loans. When I was first accepted, my total bill was about $300 per semester without factoring in any scholarships that I had (I did have some that was able to pay off that remainder).

• Upvote 1