CX_Debater21

CX_Debater21 AFF vs Learingdb8 NEG LA

1NC coming tonight or tomorrow, sorry about the delay. Work and life got in the way.

And no eco-fem. Possibly T. Possibly a CP. Probably Politics. Definitely a libertarian policy K. Definitely on-case.

i'd literally die in laughter if the 1nc was badiou, wilderson, and a zizek cap k

i'd literally die in laughter if the 1nc was badiou, wilderson, and a zizek cap k

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We have a member of the cross-x community in danger of losing his life!

Edited by Trollanator

If I put up a 1NC with any of those three arguments and it's not April 1, assume my account has been hacked or I've been kidnapped :)

• Upvote 2

CX:

T:

1. Can you name a plan that does not require US to act unilaterally?

DA:

1. How much political capital does it take to pass the plan?

2. Why would republicans turn their back on the TPA if our plan was passed?

3. Can you name another democrat other then the senator from West Virginia that is against climate legislation?

4. Why does fiat not solve the link?

5. Are you saying the Asian Pivot is good?

6. Why does our trade not solve the impact listed in the Palmer card?

K:

1. Status of the alt?

2: What is the free market? Give an example?

3: What subsidies does the plan create?

4: What business plan to profit via the plan?

5: Have previous cap and trade programs been a part of cronyism?

6: In your Henderson 12 card are you comparing Solyndra to Cap and Trade?

7: How do you plan on providing a strong competitive environment via the ALT?

8: Can I weigh the case against the K?

Case:

1. Oh no you run Inherency attack? lol this is just me having a little fun  :Bow

2. Your Victor 09 card talks about failure of cap and trade in Europe, what about other parts of the world?

3. Were do I claim I solve global warming?

4. Is China doing anything currently to solve CO2 emissions?

5. Why can't Mexico spill over and help countries like China and India?

2AC might take me a while since I'm getting ready to graduate but should be up Sunday at the latest.

CX:

T:

1. Can you name a plan that does not require US to act unilaterally?

DA:

1. How much political capital does it take to pass the plan?

2. Why would republicans turn their back on the TPA if our plan was passed?

3. Can you name another democrat other then the senator from West Virginia that is against climate legislation?

4. Why does fiat not solve the link?

5. Are you saying the Asian Pivot is good?

6. Why does our trade not solve the impact listed in the Palmer card?

K:

1. Status of the alt?

2: What is the free market? Give an example?

3: What subsidies does the plan create?

4: What business plan to profit via the plan?

5: Have previous cap and trade programs been a part of cronyism?

6: In your Henderson 12 card are you comparing Solyndra to Cap and Trade?

7: How do you plan on providing a strong competitive environment via the ALT?

8: Can I weigh the case against the K?

Case:

1. Oh no you run Inherency attack? lol this is just me having a little fun  :Bow

2. Your Victor 09 card talks about failure of cap and trade in Europe, what about other parts of the world?

3. Were do I claim I solve global warming?

4. Is China doing anything currently to solve CO2 emissions?

5. Why can't Mexico spill over and help countries like China and India?

2AC might take me a while since I'm getting ready to graduate but should be up Sunday at the latest.

T - 1: The issue isn't just that it's a U.S. action, but that it's a U.S. action done entirely without participation of a target nation--your plan is "pass a bill, and maybe Mexico will take advantage of it." With that in mind, the following plans would be topical under my interpretation: Smart Grids, TPP, Renewables, Mexico Security, any conditional or negotiated Cuba embargo plan including Cuba oil, Cuba Ag, and conditioned Cuba embargo, Venezuela oil, Venezuela democracy, etc.

DA - 1: All that Obama has left--it's a really unpopular plan with Republicans and with coal state Democrats, and Obama didn't have much to begin with.

DA - 2: It's a matter of legislative effort expended, not backlash - Obama doesn't have the ability to spend the lobbying effort needed to pass both plan and TPA. Also, coal state Democrats are resistant to both plan and TPA.

DA - 3: Not off the top of my head, but I'm sure they're out there.

DA - 4: Fiat's an artificial construct we use so we don't have to debate whether the plan will pass, it doesn't get you out of the effects of what would need to happen for the plan to pass.

DA - 5: Yes.

DA - 6: Trade in one good isn't what solves, it's free trade and lowering tariffs generally. Also, Mexico doesn't trade under your plan, it gets paid for providing offsets--that's your own evidence.

K - 1: Conditional

K - 2: A market where a company can only buy or sell if the other party to the transaction voluntarily agrees to it, as opposed to a market where companies can have the government tax or regulate competitors or consumers for the company's benefit. It's the default market that exists when government regulation is limited to preventing private use of force or fraud.

K - 3: The plan creates a mechanism where energy companies and speculators profit from government granted carbon permits; that's in the link card.

K - 4: That's right in the link card, I'm typing on an iPad so I can't go back and look right now.

K - 5: Yes.

K - 6: Yes, as an example of how environmental policy gets coopted by industry. The link card is very specific to cap and trade.

K - 7: Get the government out of the way, and the competitive environment is what's left over.

K - 8: Theoretically, but since the K kills solvency you have no impacts left to weigh :)

Case - 1: I honestly thought your plan was plainly inherent until I found that with Google :)

Case - 2: Europe's the best example, it had the most sophisticated market and the most environmentalist politicians in charge of it, Anything else would work worse.

Case - 3: You claim to solve carbon emissions, if not global warming; the same problem applies.

Case - 4: Not that I know of.

Case - 5: Because Mexico is poorer than and has a tiny fraction of the population of China and India.

Add to DA 3: Some quick Googling got me this list of Democratic senators opposed in 2009:

"Evan Bayh, Jay Rockefeller, Ben Nelson, Mary Landrieu, and the late Robert Byrd remained in consistent opposition while many more, such as Sherrod Brown, Byron Dorgan, Jeff Bingaman, Jon Tester, Max Baucus, Michael Bennett, Jim Webb, and Mark Warner, working to find a bill they could support but unable to fully embrace cap and trade due to concerns about impacts on their constituencies."

Nothing more current, but then the bill's been pretty much DOA without fiat since Republicans took back the House.

If I put up a 1NC with any of those three arguments and it's not April 1, assume my account has been hacked or I've been kidnapped :)

Curses, I should have 'kidnapped' Edgehopper and written a crazy 1NC for him, just for the lulz.  I'm thinking narrative performance based on the Illuminatus Trilogy.  Wait, I might be able to convince him to actually run that... ah well, too late, and the Cronyism K was totally worth not hijacking the round.

Okay can you just give me an example of the free market?

An actually existing completely free market on a national scale, no, though the U.S. in the late 1800s and 1920s was pretty close, as was Hong Kong before Chinese annexation. But my argument isn't utopian, it's incremental--progress towards a free market is always an improvement on regulation or subsidy that will get captured by politician-crony relationships.

2AC should be up tonight, I'm already enjoying this round and love to argue against the libertarian mindset, because it sorta aligns with my political philosophy. 

2AC should be up tonight, I'm already enjoying this round and love to argue against the libertarian mindset, because it sorta aligns with my political philosophy.

Glad to help. It's an interesting one because in theory, cap-and-trade is supposed to be the market environmentalist solution to problems, which makes this Neg strategy a little weaker than I expect it will be against the typical ocean regulation/development plan next year.

2AC is done just trying to make it meet the word count now. Also trying to balance a physics final paper. sorry about the delay I'll try to get it up tonight

T -

1. How come you didn't read the part of the Burtraw card that said "Mexico might consider a third strategy in which it adopts legally binding targets, sets up its own ..." before the part you read?

2. When you don't cut that language frim Burtraw, how is that not FX T?

TPA -

1. How does the Woodward card show that Republicans would like the Aff when they voted against it en masse in 2009?

K -

1. How do you get the benefit of the Algae advantage if you don't solve?

T -

1. How come you didn't read the part of the Burtraw card that said "Mexico might consider a third strategy in which it adopts legally binding targets, sets up its own ..." before the part you read?

2. When you don't cut that language frim Burtraw, how is that not FX T?

TPA -

1. How does the Woodward card show that Republicans would like the Aff when they voted against it en masse in 2009?

K -

1. How do you get the benefit of the Algae advantage if you don't solve?

1. Because it's not relevant, Mexico is waiting on the US to take a hardline stance on cap and trade before they take any action that is Reppeto 13, it why Mexico's cap and trade right now is involuntary and won't meet emission standards

2. Because once we pass the plan we enter into negotiations with Mexico over cap and trade that is what Burtraw says in the 2AC

1. Because the plan would be spun as a cap and trade free market plan why I said in cross ex we auction off these credits instead of the US just giving handouts to big business

1. We believe we solve for Algae, as I pointed out we aren't solydra we are a free market plan like our Banzhaf 11 card says. So we believe we do fully solve the advantage.

P.S. I really expected you to kick the alt and apply the card as a solv take out so don't disappoint :P 

Sorry, busy--I told you this would be a slow round :(. But there will be a 2NC--I'll try to get it out this week.