CX_Debater21

CX_Debater21 AFF vs Learingdb8 NEG LA

2,000/1,600 is lay judge speed, don't you think?

My aff is only 1,700 words was why I was thinking it because we live in a lay area. How about 2400/2000

My aff is only 1,700 words was why I was thinking it because we live in a lay area. How about 2400/2000

Woah bruh, I wouldn't call East Texas lay. Hella stocks for sure, but definitely not lay. And, it's becoming even more and more progressive as the circuit dissolves into TFA and kids graduate.  

• Upvote 1

Woah bruh, I wouldn't call East Texas lay. Hella stocks for sure, but definitely not lay. And, it's becoming even more and more progressive as the circuit dissolves into TFA and kids graduate.  

Okay maybe stocks was a better word, and I agree its becoming more progressive, we went for K every round this year as neg. I like to see the transition but you see more stocks debaters then you do teams like y'all and Athens.

• Upvote 1

Okay maybe stocks was a better word, and I agree its becoming more progressive, we went for K every round this year as neg. I like to see the transition but you see more stocks debaters then you do teams like y'all and Athens.

Lmao, yeah, we've kind of picked up that reputation on the circuit, a lot of teams don't like us, and their coaches don't like the way we debate, but I feel like they appreciate the way we adapt to the extreme stock judges. 

Looks like learning can't debate anybody want to pick up this round?

I would, but idk with my B-Team being two of the judges... 

Looks like learning can't debate anybody want to pick up this round?

My rounds appear frozen, and this is an interesting policy Aff. Let me see what I can do, apart from an 8 minutes of case 1NC...

And let me just start with one simple CX question which will determine where I go with the rest of this CX:

1. What is "cap and trade?"

Edited by Edgehopper

My rounds appear frozen, and this is an interesting policy Aff. Let me see what I can do, apart from an 8 minutes of case 1NC...

And let me just start with one simple CX question which will determine where I go with the rest of this CX:

1. What is "cap and trade?"

1. Cap and trade is a system were the government limits the amount of carbon that can be produced by one company, then in order to permit carbon the actor will usually hold an auction were companies by these permits. If a company can not meet the standard they can trade with a company that can meet the standards. I.E. the limit is set for allowing 1 million carbon emissions Company A can't meet the emissions by 500,000 emissions. Company A then trades with company B, who met the emissions standards by less then 500,000 emissions. The cap is the limit, and the trade is the permit swapping between business. Over time the permit will become more expensive due to the nature of the market which means business will have to innovate and promote green technology because it makes sense business wise.

This may be a slow round, FYI, just because I (1) am slammed at work right now and (2) need to do some original research because I want to try out a few ideas for next year. If you're not OK with that, that's fine, I'll drop and let someone else take over. Also, I'm going to be arguing straight up policy--possibly a CP, but mostly just case and DAs--again, if you want to play around with a K neg, I'll drop out and let someone else take over.

Assuming you are OK with that, though, more CX:

2. So your cap and trade plan does nothing about sulfur dioxide, right?

3. How does technology to reduce CO2 emissions lead to clean water?

4. How does cap and trade lead to technologies that decrease use of chemical fertilizers?

5. What percentage of global CO2 emissions come from the U.S. and Mexico separately?

6. What's the purpose of the Edelman card, or your framework more generally?

7. Is the cap and trade bill you want to pass the 2009 bill discussed in your inherency card? If so, do you plan to change the implementation of cap and trade in that bill in any way?

8. The inherent barrier to the plan is Republican congressional opposition, right?

This may be a slow round, FYI, just because I (1) am slammed at work right now and (2) need to do some original research because I want to try out a few ideas for next year. If you're not OK with that, that's fine, I'll drop and let someone else take over. Also, I'm going to be arguing straight up policy--possibly a CP, but mostly just case and DAs--again, if you want to play around with a K neg, I'll drop out and let someone else take over.

Assuming you are OK with that, though, more CX:

2. So your cap and trade plan does nothing about sulfur dioxide, right?

3. How does technology to reduce CO2 emissions lead to clean water?

4. How does cap and trade lead to technologies that decrease use of chemical fertilizers?

5. What percentage of global CO2 emissions come from the U.S. and Mexico separately?

6. What's the purpose of the Edelman card, or your framework more generally?

7. Is the cap and trade bill you want to pass the 2009 bill discussed in your inherency card? If so, do you plan to change the implementation of cap and trade in that bill in any way?

8. The inherent barrier to the plan is Republican congressional opposition, right?

I'm fine with a slower round and pure policy round.

2. We strictly regulate CO2 emissions in our cap and trade, and not SO2, but solving for CO2 can solve for SO2 the durning 09 card and will read more evidence in the 2AC if attacked

3. Cap and Trade promotes green technology, so it wouldn't necessarily have to be the same green tech that helps reduce CO2 emissions but just the green technology that comes along with the effects of Cap and Trade.

4. Once again you will want to see answer to number 3 for this.

5. The United States promotes 25% of the worlds CO2 emissions and Mexico promotes about 1.5 % of the worlds carbon emissions

6. The framework is two parts first it states how nuclear war won't happen, for two reasons because of detterence and psychology which means any type of nuclear war impact you go for you will have to answer this card first. The 2nd card sets up the impact calculus for the round on how we should focus on structural harms first, because the harms are already happening in the status quo.

7. The bill in 2009 is the bill that we want to pass, but instead of government regulating who gets the permits, the system would work in an auction format like the Califorina Cap and Trade program.

8. Yeah republican's don't like the plan because its associated with climate change, even though Ronald Reagan was the first to implement a cap and trade program lol

1NC coming tonight or tomorrow, sorry about the delay. Work and life got in the way.

And no eco-fem. Possibly T. Possibly a CP. Probably Politics. Definitely a libertarian policy K. Definitely on-case.