CarlaR

Most absurd Aff

The United States federal government should start a plague in Cuba.  The plague will significantly decrease stability in the region.  Then, the USFG will fund the revolution, overthrowing the old Cuban regime.  We will be economic partners with new Cuba.  

LITERALLY SECURITY

Edited by Zuul

Also shucks, y'all are too kind. I'll miss the 666rep tbh

next up: 1,666 rep.

• Upvote 3

Maybe these aren't the most absurd, but they are weird- they all fail.

The USFG will substantially increase its economic engagement towards Mexico by modifying the Affordable Care Act to cover US medical tourism to Mexico.

The USFG will substantially increase its economic engagement towards Mexico by exporting beef and pork to Mexico in exchange for corn.  (fail- you use corn to feed/develop the cows and pigs, and you are sending those cows/pigs to Mexico for more corn)

The USFG will substantially increase its economic engagement towards Venezuela by reinstating the US diplomats in Venezuela. *facepalm*

The USFG will substantially increase its economic engagement towards Mexico by exporting beef and pork to Mexico in exchange for corn.  (fail- you use corn to feed/develop the cows and pigs, and you are sending those cows/pigs to Mexico for more corn)

That's not inherently a fail; it's entirely possible that one country could be better at growing corn and the other better at raising beef and cattle. It's just the agricultural equivalent of what maquiladoras do--we send them raw materials, they manufacuture finished products and ship them back to us.

The real fail is having the U.S. import corn, beef, or pork at all (excluding particularly valuable regional versions, which I'm fairly sure don't come from Mexico). Please tell me this opponent wasn't from the Midwest?

That's not inherently a fail; it's entirely possible that one country could be better at growing corn and the other better at raising beef and cattle. It's just the agricultural equivalent of what maquiladoras do--we send them raw materials, they manufacuture finished products and ship them back to us.

The real fail is having the U.S. import corn, beef, or pork at all (excluding particularly valuable regional versions, which I'm fairly sure don't come from Mexico). Please tell me this opponent wasn't from the Midwest?

No, not from the midwest. Also, Mexico IMPORTS 1/3 of their corn from the US, and the US has large subsidies on corn, and is a massive producer of corn, so it really makes no sense to buy any.  In CX I asked if mexico had a surplus of corn.  They said, "Well, no, but mexico has the farming land to grow corn". *facepalm*

Maybe these aren't the most absurd, but they are weird- they all fail.

The USFG will substantially increase its economic engagement towards Mexico by modifying the Affordable Care Act to cover US medical tourism to Mexico.

The USFG will substantially increase its economic engagement towards Venezuela by reinstating the US diplomats in Venezuela. *facepalm*

My plan flaw sense is tingling

This is pretty absurd:

The president of the United States Federal Government should issue an order for Nicholas Maduro to be assassinated and replaced with Henrique Capriles Radonski through an undercover Navy Seals operation to create a launching pad for further economic engagement.

• Upvote 2

This is pretty absurd: The president of the United States Federal Government should issue an order for Nicholas Maduro to be assassinated and replaced with Henrique Capriles Radonski through an undercover Navy Seals operation to create a launching pad for further economic engagement.

Absurd? Sounds like the 80s all over again.  (US foreign policy in Latin America was bad in the 80s.  Very very bad.)

• Upvote 1

Then who made mexico suicide prevention?

sounds..

absurdist. 

(ok last time I make this joke I swear)

Edited by KimJongUn
  • Upvote 1

Absurd? Sounds like the 80s all over again.  (US foreign policy in Latin America was bad in the 80s.  Very very bad.)

8jLhZ.png

I just heard 80s and had to make this