CarlaR

Big Disads

I have a plankton DA if anyone wants that, I'm willing to trade(: What DAs are y'all running? 

Chinese sphere of Influence

jk, militarism

Edited by Zuul

I got a Jellyfish DA if anyone wants to trade

• Downvote 1

I assume the impact is that we kill Jellyfish, meaning they can't sting right-wing hacks like David Cameron? 

I'd vote on it. 

• Upvote 3

What exactly is the story on this disad? If you don't mind me asking of course. 

The DA is that if they say "we use solar panels", in order to make solar panels you need jellyfish skin. In order to get the skin, they kill the entire jellyfish. Loss of biodiversity--->Extinction 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The DA is that if they say "we use solar panels", in order to make solar panels you need jellyfish skin. In order to get the skin, they kill the entire jellyfish. Loss of biodiversity--->Extinction 

That's probably impact turned by the fact that jellyfish are experiencing abnormally large bloom cycles right now and are killing massive amounts of fish and fish markets in Japan and places that rely heavily on fish. Also, is it just all jellyfish or are there a particular species talked about in your disad? 

under the DA loss of biodiversity is inevideable but thru large amounts of jellyfish it can be maintained. Also in Europe modern fishing tactics have killed a lot of jellyfish in recent years 

under the DA loss of biodiversity is inevideable but thru large amounts of jellyfish it can be maintained. Also in Europe modern fishing tactics have killed a lot of jellyfish in recent years 

OK what? How do jellyfish maintain bio-d?  And lets be honest they aren't going to build that many solar panels in comparison to the amount built in the squo.

I don't see the link to the jelly fish DA. Most solar panels are made from cadmium or silicon.

Perhaps a da on cadmium would work better. I believe there's some evidence of cadmium actually being pretty bad for the environment. It might be worth looking into.

• Upvote 2

I have a plankton DA if anyone wants that, I'm willing to trade(: What DAs are y'all running? 

do you still have this DA?