pfdebatetoc

Prioritize Contextual Definitions

I'm a public forum debater. I know that there is a PF forum, but it doesn't get a lot of traffic so I thought this would be a better forum to ask this question.

The TOC topic is Resolved: Prioritizing economic development over environmental protection is in the best interest of the people of India.

The only action in this resolution is the action of priorizing. I can't find any contextual definitions as to what this means in practice. What kind of search terms or databases should I be using to find a good definition that can be used in round?

Thanks

I'm a public forum debater. I know that there is a PF forum, but it doesn't get a lot of traffic so I thought this would be a better forum to ask this question.

The TOC topic is Resolved: Prioritizing economic development over environmental protection is in the best interest of the people of India.

The only action in this resolution is the action of priorizing. I can't find any contextual definitions as to what this means in practice. What kind of search terms or databases should I be using to find a good definition that can be used in round?

Thanks

If it was an LD resolution, it would (almost equivalently) state:

"When in conflict, economic development should be preferred to environmental protection in India."

To prioritize just means to put something first.  Honestly, the LD formulation is a lot more clear.  The only thing it hasn't accomodated from the official wording is that you've been given your 'value' - the 'best interest of the people of India'.  Which, since people are going to interpret that however they want, is pretty much vacuous outside establishing we're talking about India.

Do you have any T files from that topic? While put first is a very reasonable interpretation of the resolution, I can only imagine the kinds of arguments PF debaters will bring up. I would purchase the files from VBT or other file companies, but I dont have the funds.

Do you have any T files from that topic? While put first is a very reasonable interpretation of the resolution, I can only imagine the kinds of arguments PF debaters will bring up. I would purchase the files from VBT or other file companies, but I dont have the funds.

That wasn't a separate topic, I just reworded it how LD resolutions tend to be worded, because it highlights the fact that its only asking about when the two conflict with each other.  Its a matter of priority, not totally ignoring one or the other.  (I'm sure this will be an important framing issue).