MichaelCeraKnockOff

Biopower/Capitalism Heidegger Links?

So basically, I'm looking for cards that link Bipower and Capitalism to a Heidegger Kritik. I know how they link but I'm lacking the cards and all my searches are leading to papers that I have to buy to see. Cites would be great, cards would be even better. Thanks.

Links to being capitalist, or links to being opposed to capitalism?

Links opposing, like say Cap is the result of calculative/technological thought or technological enflaming. Cap bad basically

Technological enframing is the ideological basis for capitalist production and power relations.

(Joronen 11)

Mikko Joronen, (Professor of Geography), “Dwelling in the Sites of Finitude: Resisting the Violence of the Metaphysical Globe,â€, 2011, accessed 7/7/12

As a self-strengthening metaphysical imperative, machination is not just structured to further maximise the utility and control of beings under the pre-delineating framework of calculation it imposes, but also to extend its control over the earth and thus to use the whole planet as its product. Like the planetary earth, human beings are also set up into this positioning of machination so that everything appears, as Heidegger (2005:29–30) points out in DasGestell, to have the “potential to be set up for orderings and profit makingâ€. Hence, the contemporary globe-wide economic subjugation and commodification of beings under the profit-seeking and utilisation of markets evidently rise out of the ontological foundation of machination: within machination all beings are positioned (gestellt) under the power (Macht) that unfolds everything as makeable (machbar) in the calculation-driven procedures of command (eg Heidegger 1998:47, 2000:88–94; see Eldred 2000; Haar 1993:80; Heidegger 1973:107). Thus, machination does not imply a mere levelling of the space of the earth where space becomes amenable to the manipulative orderings. Machination also promotes an ever expanding and enhancing power that orders the globe through the pervasive calculations capable of operating in different disguises— disguises such as the contemporary capital-led promotion of the all embracing market-globe through expanding profit-seeking activities and increasing consumption of things as a useable resource subjugated under the calculated market value.

I read an cap/heidegger aff for the majority of this season. Mikko Joronen came out with a new essay in which he emphasizes the biopolitical nature of capitalism/neoliberalism. He ties homo economicus to an ontological position necessitated by neoliberal ideology. Here's the link to the book. If you don't want to make an academia account. Message me and I'll get the pdf to you.

https://www.academia.edu/1841957/Joronen_M._2013_._Conceptualizing_new_modes_of_state_governmentality_power_violence_and_the_ontological_mono-politics_of_neoliberalism._Geopolitics_18_2_356-370

Another thing. Mikko Joronen considers machination, basically capitalism, to be the product of the will to will. This "will to wil" is what necessitates constant chaos in life, a metaphysical force if you will. If you've ever heard of Nietzsche's "will to power" it's the exact same thing except while Nietzsche sees it as a source of strength and necessary for achieving the ubermensch, Heidegger sees it as harmful to Being and prevents Dasein from unfolding it's potentiality, constituting itself, etc. 

Joronen 10 (Mikko, dept of geography and faculty of mathematics and natural sciences, genius, U of Turku, "The Age of Planetary Space: on Heidegger, Being, and Metaphysics of Globalization", p. 217) gayle

As Michel Haar ...the ‘gigantic’ calculability.

^Here's^ the cite that I'm pretty sure talks about the will to will. Even if not that essay from Mikko Joronen that Aquethys posted has a paragraph or two on the will to will and how it orders beings within the standing reserve and determines their subjectivity/orientation towards the world.  

Edited by jsmoov
  • Upvote 1

Another thing. Mikko Joronen considers machination, basically capitalism, to be the product of the will to will. This "will to wil" is what necessitates constant chaos in life, a metaphysical force if you will. If you've ever heard of Nietzsche's "will to power" it's the exact same thing except while Nietzsche sees it as a source of strength and necessary for achieving the ubermensch, Heidegger sees it as harmful to Being and prevents Dasein from unfolding it's potentiality, constituting itself, etc. 

Joronen 10 (Mikko, dept of geography and faculty of mathematics and natural sciences, genius, U of Turku, "The Age of Planetary Space: on Heidegger, Being, and Metaphysics of Globalization", p. 217) gayle

As Michel Haar ...the ‘gigantic’ calculability.

^Here's^ the cite that I'm pretty sure talks about the will to will. Even if not that essay from Mikko Joronen that Aquethys posted has a paragraph or two on the will to will and how it orders beings within the standing reserve and determines their subjectivity/orientation towards the world.  

Ok that's great, I just finished cutting some basic shell on his new book and I'm calling it Ontological Governmentality, could you DM me and take a look at it, give me feedback?