CXthulhu

Ks with a vote aft/neg to reject

I am trying to figure out if people win with an alternative along the lines of "Vote affirmative to show you support the K, therefore solving it in the real world." If you've won with a K with a similar alternative, please tell me what K it was and what the alternative text stated.

Edited by CXthulhu

I am trying to figure out if people win with an alternative along the lines of "Vote affirmative to show you support the K, therefore solving it in the real world. If you've won with a K with a similar alternative, please tell me what K it was and what the alternative text stated.

Where do these quotes end?

• Upvote 4

How would the neg win with an alt saying to not let the neg win?

It can be an aff or a neg k. It is more a fill in the blank word there. It could just as easily read vote negative to support the k.

wat

I'm looking for examples of people winning with alternatives that ask for relatively passive action such as signing a ballot for the negative or affirmative to support the thesis of the K. 

You mean like almost every K? A reject alt is basically a "subtler" way to say vote neg (or aff). As for K's explicitly asking for the ballot, you could either look in some sort of human rights K/ethics k, which might have one, or just reword a reject alt and to be more along the lines of:

"Use your ballot to support the team that advocates X, rather than the team that argues for Y."

The best option is to just use an alt that is related directly to the k, like cap or DnG or what have you.

Edited by SnarkosaurusRex

I have never voted for a 'reject' alternative unless doing plan somehow gave the K serious uniqueness.  My vote doesn't get made because someone read philosophers I appreciate.  (And I'm very explicit in giving my paradigm that I need a concrete alt on Ks.)

I have voted for a K with a reject alternative (neolib even), but I didn't vote for the alt.  I voted on Aff's RoB, which the K thesis captured. 

(I know a bunch of judges must vote on these things, because reject alts are so popular.  But if you want to make actual good arguments, try giving an alt which justifies rejecting plan rather than just saying the alt is to reject them).

Edited by Squirrelloid
  • Downvote 4

People don't usually have carded reject alts? Figured that was SOP.

To clarify I wasnt calling for a standalone sentence like squirrel seems to think I was

That wasn't a response directly to you.

And the reject cards are pretty much nonsense too.  'Opening a space' is not an alternative.  It's the precursor to an alternative.  What fills that space is what I'm looking to vote on.  (And other similar 'reject' alts have the same problem).

As I said to a team which ran a 'personally reject capitalism' alt, "I don't know what that means I should do."  Should I join a commune?  Should I join a union?  Should I become a squatter instead of paying rent and grow my own food?  Should I endorse state communism?  Leftist anarchism?  Something else?  What am I voting *for*?

They had a Zizek card for the alt, but it wasn't useful for answering this question.  (Might have been Zizek and Daly, I'd have to dig out my flow).

Edited by Squirrelloid

That wasn't a response directly to you.

And the reject cards are pretty much nonsense too.  'Opening a space' is not an alternative.  It's the precursor to an alternative.  What fills that space is what I'm looking to vote on.  (And other similar 'reject' alts have the same problem).

As I said to a team which ran a 'personally reject capitalism' alt, "I don't know what that means I should do."  Should I join a commune?  Should I join a union?  Should I become a squatter instead of paying rent and grow my own food?  Should I endorse state communism?  Leftist anarchism?  Something else?  What am I voting *for*?

They had a Zizek card for the alt, but it wasn't useful for answering this question.  (Might have been Zizek and Daly, I'd have to dig out my flow).

Yeah it depends on context. For instance with a discourse/rhetoric K a reject alt is the most feasible as it allows it to keep an a priori claim rather than if you had something like a ban-the-word-alt. But reject alts on cap K are annoying.

I don't really understand what you are looking for other than a reject alt.

This also isn't a place to discuss personal philosophy regarding K alts that are outside of the parameters of the topic.

I still have no idea what you are asking for, is it a K alt that votes aff, K alt where the ballot literally solves in the real world, or just a K alt that says gimmie ballot? I don't understand.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This also isn't a place to discuss personal philosophy regarding K alts that are outside of the parameters of the topic.

He asked if these alts win rounds.  As a judge, whether or not they can win in front of me is directly on topic.

an alt that embraces the K is much more rhetorically susceptible to permutations.

Rejection of the affirmative is the exact same thing, but worded much more strongly so is less susceptible to a permutation.