I'm a rising junior and recently found out I got accepted into GDI Scholars. For any of you who have gone in the past, could you all answer some of these questions? I just want to make the most out of my camp experience and i'm super excited to go. Thanks

What should i expect about the camp?

Should I sign up for the extension week?

Full meal plan or partial?

Any other tips?

• Upvote 1

GDI is a very nice camp. I attended their sophomore program last year, and it was very informational. 

You should expect a staff that really loves you, and a true community atmosphere. Everyone becomes very close over the five week period. Sometimes meals are catered, and the administration is excellent at trying to meet your needs. 

DO NOT GET THE FULL MEAL PLAN. I dont know if i would even recommend getting a partial meal plan. Last year the food was atrocious. 

• Upvote 1

DO NOT GET THE FULL MEAL PLAN. I dont know if i would even recommend getting a partial meal plan. Last year the food was atrocious. 

Oh fabulous...

On the bright side though, I could definitely afford to lose a little bit of weight over the summer. 

• Upvote 1

Don't get the full meal plan.  Breakfast ain't worth it.  The partial meal plan is probably OK - the food quality is known to vary greatly by year, but hanging out with friends during meals is usually easier with it than without, which is always good n stuff.  That said if price is a problem it's probably cheaper to not get food on campus.

I'm a rising junior and recently found out I got accepted into GDI Scholars. For any of you who have gone in the past, could you all answer some of these questions? I just want to make the most out of my camp experience and i'm super excited to go. Thanks

What should i expect about the camp?

Should I sign up for the extension week?

Full meal plan or partial?

Any other tips?

Gdi 2013 alum here

Expect what you put in. All of the scholars lab leaders are amazing, and if you work hard they'll work to make you better.

The extension week is great if you got the $$$. It's a week of skills training. The lab leaders will figure out what you suck at and work with you to make you suck less.

Partial meal plan.

Have fun and work hard. Always push yourself and you'll get better.