CapitalismIsNotCool

Help for regionals

Yep. There's no rules regarding who can give what speech as long as everyone gives two (I don't even know if the 2 speeches thing is a rule, but it probably is.)

No rules in debate except for the speech time. in my coaches senior year he ran a dumb play about mermaids with his partner who knew nothing about debate and he gave all of the actual speeches and won on an RVI on framework every aff round.

I like the suggestion of an in and out. And if he can spread, have him be the 1N as well. That way, you'll be able to give the harder speeches, AND save all of your prep time. But you'll have to teach him how to prep for the 1NR.

No reason he couldn't do the 2 nr, and let OP take the block. Then it's just extensions and calc.

No reason he couldn't do the 2 nr, and let OP take the block. Then it's just extensions and calc.

But the 1NR has 11 minutes of prep, plus whatever prep the 2N uses for the block. Block out his 1NRs for him like crazy before the round (like, have him take the same positions every neg round), and voila, you'll have a bunch of prep for your 2NRs. Plus, the 2NR is MUCH more important than the 1NR. It's the neg's final stand, so it has to be AMAZING and slam the door on the debate. I've won a ton of my legit neg rounds (like tournament rounds) because I saved almost all of my prep for the 2NR and put my heart and soul into it. You really don't want a weak 2N (nor do you want a weak 2A, but let's be honest, you can bullshit the 2AR a little).

But the 1NR has 11 minutes of prep, plus whatever prep the 2N uses for the block. Block out his 1NRs for him like crazy before the round (like, have him take the same positions every neg round), and voila, you'll have a bunch of prep for your 2NRs. Plus, the 2NR is MUCH more important than the 1NR. It's the neg's final stand, so it has to be AMAZING and slam the door on the debate. I've won a ton of my legit neg rounds (like tournament rounds) because I saved almost all of my prep for the 2NR and put my heart and soul into it. You really don't want a weak 2N (nor do you want a weak 2A, but let's be honest, you can bullshit the 2AR a little).

Eh, the 2nr is usually less analysis work than the 1nr and there's never any cards to read->explain which can sometimes be seen with the 1NR. Well at least the way my partner and I organized it the 2nr was a joke anyway.

Eh, the 2nr is usually less analysis work than the 1nr and there's never any cards to read->explain which can sometimes be seen with the 1NR. Well at least the way my partner and I organized it the 2nr was a joke anyway.

Yeah, the 2NR is my baby, so I always put the most prep time into it. It really sucked having to go double 1's at nationals, because I didn't get to do my absolute favorite speech.

Yeah, the 2NR is my baby, so I always put the most prep time into it. It really sucked having to go double 1's at nationals, because I didn't get to do my absolute favorite speech.

Prep for the 2NR? You silly kids with your 8 minutes of prep. 5 minutes ftw.

Just kidding, I usually use it all for the 2nr too, just because there's nothing else to use it for. Favorite offcase + important case 1nc is easy to do during the 1ac. 2nc during 1nc. 1nr during 2nc. Soooooo...

Prep for the 2NR? You silly kids with your 8 minutes of prep. 5 minutes ftw.

Just kidding, I usually use it all for the 2nr too, just because there's nothing else to use it for. Favorite offcase + important case 1nc is easy to do during the 1ac. 2nc during 1nc. 1nr during 2nc. Soooooo...

But you can't predict what the aff is gonna say in the 2AC...

Ok, so my partner and I are novices heading to regionals this weekend. My partner really has no idea what's going on sometimes since he's new to debate, and I end up writing the 1AR's and never having any prep, so anyone got any advice for regionals?

EDIT: Im also the 2A and the 2N. 

What happened to "Trolling at Regionals, need advice"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!