dmkavuu

March Madness: The Overrated Philosophers Bracket

Lacan, Plato, Hegel, Heidegger. Plato vs Hegel championship. It was a tough decision, but I'm putting Hegel down as the winner.

Edited by Fnord

Guys, for all the people who put nietzsche going far, are we forgetting that he would WANT to lose in the first round, either that or make it to the finals, be winning the entire game, then at the end lose because of a miraculous comeback tying it up at the end of regulation followed by an OT loss fueled by terrible refereeing?

Guys, for all the people who put nietzsche going far, are we forgetting that he would WANT to lose in the first round, either that or make it to the finals, be winning the entire game, then at the end lose because of a miraculous comeback tying it up at the end of regulation followed by an OT loss fueled by terrible refereeing?

OHMYGOD You're RIGHT! Any way to change my vote now?

BTW Nietzsche, Baudrillard, Butler, and Chomsky in the final four.

Edit:

I just found out that Chomsky's either niece or great niece goes to my school. She's graduating this year O_o...

Edited by USNHannah17

My bets on Zizek vs Chomsky in finals, with Chomsky winning.

How is Nietzsche losing this round? He's like the most overrated of all! Well...besides Baudrillard and Zizek and Chomsky.

• Downvote 1

Seriously, how did Adam Smith beat Rousseau.  I don't understand.  

Adam Smith was at least pretty good economics for his era, as a description of what was actually happening in markets.  (Not perfect, but everyone else he was contemporary with was vastly more wrong).  Rousseau's version of Social Contract theory, otoh, is hugely overrated.  Mindboggling.