So me and my partner plan on running a discourse aff. How would we answer the Forum CP? (The counterplan advocates out of round discussion I think)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, your aff is garnering solvency based off the performance of the 1AC. Reading a forum CP doesn't actually DO anything. Teams have won on forum CPs before, but nobody actually HAS a forum because of it.

Also the net benefit (Usually Attchinson and Panetta) can be impact turned with some affs. Their argument is that a competitive debate space is bad because teams just try to compete against the aff instead of trying to help whatever the cause is. Some K affs (Maybe not yours) garner solvency through spreading the word and educating others about it. That's a reason why teams going out and cutting good strats against your aff is good, because they're reading the lit and learning about the problem. 

• Upvote 2

Similar to what JosephOverman said, the Forum CP is kind of dumb because you cannot fiat an out of round discussion about the topic. However, it is within your control to have an educational debate about the topic. That's probably a large enough solvency deficit to outweigh any NB.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

Perm do both. We have a competitive discussion and the forum-type one.

Similar to what JosephOverman said, the Forum CP is kind of dumb because you cannot fiat an out of round discussion about the topic. However, it is within your control to have an educational debate about the topic. That's probably a large enough solvency deficit to outweigh any NB.

This too, and probs a reason why perm is net beneficial Edited by Zuul