Serious CPs

For the ocean's topic you could write a do plan on land

If this actually solves an aff, that aff is definitely not topical

• Upvote 4

ok thanks i was a jerk

Edited by Akhil
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

For small bio-D aff's, specific state CP's might actually be viable. 

The CP's will mostly be generic yet again because this topic is so incredibly massive. 

• Upvote 1

EU CP is probably not a small thing if the advantages are not relations/cred related

• Upvote 1

Most international agent CPs will be available again next year, and better (China, EU, etc.). UN CPs will be effective for regulatory Affs.

Privatization CPs should be good for most development and exploration Affs.

• Upvote 6

Lots of case specific ones, like rainslives alluded too, although I could see some "Do it somewhere else" CP, like if an aff is in the south pacific that could be seen by china as an encursion.

Privitization might be good, I would especially like to see a James Cameron counterplan.  I'm betting on some oil spills affirmatives, so I bet the MEXUS counterplan from this year will be reused.

• Upvote 1

Pic out of an ocean maybe?

" do plan in all oceans but, X" or "do plan in X ocean" if they spec an ocean

b/c X ocean's fish on brink, plan hurts them, nuke war, biod collapse and econ decline all happen within a minute of plan passing

-seems pretty abusive and is topical, but it could happen

• Upvote 3

Bio-D adv CPs? I can see that being a huge adv area next year - though it all depends on the specificity of the internal links. Possible Agent CP's like the National Science Foundation or Coast Guard. Definitely International Actor CPs, too. 
Atlantis CP maybe? I don't know, it's not really looking like a year for counterplans :(

• Upvote 1

Advantage CP where Adv is Ocean Biodiversity and you say 

1. Mass extinction of ocean species is inevitable without proper regulation of CO2 emissions.

Marshall 2011. Marshall, Michael. "Earth's Oceans on Course for Mass Extinction." - Environment. New Scientist, 21 June 2011. Web. 13 Mar. 2014. http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20595-earths-oceans-on-course-for-mass-extinction.html#.UyH_I79Ugdg

Mass extinctions are seldom pretty, but this one would transform Earth's oceans forever, especially coral reefs. A new report by the International Programme on the State of the Ocean(IPSO) assesses how climate change, overexploitation, pollution, habitat loss and other stressors are affecting the ocean as a whole. The conclusion? We're on course for a mass extinction that would include coral reefs and the menagerie of species that rely on them, as well as multiple species of fish consumed by people, although it may not be as severe as the "big five" extinctions of Earth's distant past. "We're seeing a combination of symptoms that have been associated with large, past extinctions," says Alex Rogers, the head of IPSO. Rogers says the biggest problem is the rapid pace of climate change, which is "virtually unprecedented". The closest comparison is the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum of 55 million years ago, when 2.2 gigatonnes of carbon dioxide was released every year for millennia and many deep-sea species were wiped out. Today we release over 25 gigatonnes every year. Many harmful factors combine to cause additional damage. For instance, the oceans are acidifying as a result of CO2 dissolving in the water, and this makes corals more susceptible to "bleaching". Rogers recommends nothing less than slashing CO2 emissions, establishingMarine Protected Areas covering up to one-third of the ocean, and restoring marine ecosystems.

2. Plan Text: The UN should put heavy regulations on CO2 emissions world wide to delay the ongoing acidification of the Earth's oceans until we develop cleaner energy. (Or something like this.)

3. Blah Blah Blah solvency

Good? 

Edited by Wimbodebate
  • Upvote 3

Consult the UN/ UN do the plan. Net Benefit is Nationalism/Elitism K or cosmo. maybe

or ptx

I'd make some form of energy CP if I was going to be debating this topic. Probably something green energy related so it'll work as an AT:
1) Other energy affs

2) Warming affs

3) Bio-D advantages

Consult Navy.

net bens: no-link for ptix because you can find cards on congress favoring military spending, no link for spending disad because military budget is bottomless (thank Boehner)

obviously mutually exclusive, no arg there.

• Upvote 4

I know this is obvious, but the lit definitely points to a privatization cp when it comes to the development affs

Edited by tycantalk