KStumby

Digital Debate Camp

I know someone has a thread about the DDC from a while back, but considering it hadn't been used in about a year, and this has a very different central question, I thought I'd start my conversation here:

I'm looking to hear feedback from anyone who has used the Digital Debate Camp in the past (found at http://www.digitaldebatecamp.com/). If I do choose to go to another camp, I was thinking about using it possibly as an additional supplement to further my debate knowledge. Anyone think they could help me assess how helpful this camp would be?

Additional info that might help you help me: I will be a senior next year in my 4th year of policy debate. On a regional level I have been very successful and have been in late elimination rounds at my state tournament my sophomore and junior years. Nationally, I have broken at around 6 or seven tournaments and have been in one bid round. My partner and I are from a small school and most of what we do is funded by ourselves and we're hoping to get as better as we can this summer to be the first time to qualify to the TOC for about 15 years. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

• Upvote 1

I know someone has a thread about the DDC from a while back, but considering it hadn't been used in about a year, and this has a very different central question, I thought I'd start my conversation here:

I'm looking to hear feedback from anyone who has used the Digital Debate Camp in the past (found at http://www.digitaldebatecamp.com/). If I do choose to go to another camp, I was thinking about using it possibly as an additional supplement to further my debate knowledge. Anyone think they could help me assess how helpful this camp would be?

Additional info that might help you help me: I will be a senior next year in my 4th year of policy debate. On a regional level I have been very successful and have been in late elimination rounds at my state tournament my sophomore and junior years. Nationally, I have broken at around 6 or seven tournaments and have been in one bid round. My partner and I are from a small school and most of what we do is funded by ourselves and we're hoping to get as better as we can this summer to be the first time to qualify to the TOC for about 15 years. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

I cannot assess the usefulness of any camp as i have never been, however,

Camp will definitely step up your game, even as a senior there is so much to learn. I guarantee you guys will qual for the toc next year with enough hard work, if you've already been to a bid round you surely have some experience with TOC tournaments. It sounds as if you're willing to invest alot of time into this, and i can't imagine camp hurting you in any way. 

If you have any questions about the DDC, Stephen Murray (Username Maury on cross ex) is one of the heads of the DDC, I strongly recommend Pm'ing him as he does frequently (albeit very shortly) come on and will surely see your post. 

Since i'm graduating this year, just wanna say in advance good luck next year! (really wish we got the oceans topic this year)

Edited by Deleuze

Hey there!

I will have a brand new Digital Debate Camp thread up in about a week as I am finalizing staff currently. Your current debate situation sounds very similar to many of the students who attend our camp, and is especially analogous to C.E. Byrd GN who have attended the DDC several times and are currently a top national team that has won several TOC tournaments.  I coach Byrd and implement at the DDC many of the same techniques we use as a squad to continuously generate higher quality debaters.  I am sure Sam or Josh can attest to our process, especially at the DDC where we first came together.  

• Upvote 1